Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 16526
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
This position is responsible for assisting engineers with administrative, documentation, process and general engineering related support activities. Must demonstrate the ability to support several engineers, providing the wide variety of administrative and computer skills to assist engineering projects. Assignments typically include word processing, data entry and preliminary document preparation utilizing computing resources, i.e., workstations, PC’s, etc. Performs as primary focal point for inquiries and problem resolution during the pre-release, release and revision of development/product related documentation.
- Edits format of software/hardware documentation. Interfaces with technicians, engineers and engineering managers to create/edit documentation. Verifies change requests are in the proper state and implement into documentation. Performs data conversion using various application media for software development or project file maintenance.
- Perform as primary focal point, coordinating, tracking and reporting status for inquiries and problem resolution during the pre-release, release, and revision of development/product related documentation.
- Prepares and tracks third-party communications. Organizes, audits, and archives required project documentation.
- Coordinates the set-up of project/program meetings. Makes changes to and maintains department and project/program websites.
- Orders and coordinates the delivery of piece parts and LRUs.
- Builds productive working relationships internally and occasionally externally. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- Generally works on moderately difficult assignments which are given in terms of objectives to be accomplished and priorities to be followed. Requires judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Normally receives little instruction on routine work, general instruction on new projects or assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
High School Diploma or equivalent
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.