Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 15436
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We are currently searching for a Sr Electronics Technician to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
This position is for a Senior Electronics Technician that will support the Takaya flying probe in-circuit test (ICT) area in Cedar Rapids and for enterprise wide initiatives across Collins Aerospace. This position will be on the Test Engineering team that does development of board level structural test solutions like Boundary Scan, Cablescan, and ICT.
- Supports the Takaya Common Process Area by troubleshooting machine issues, updating board programs, and attending the morning meetings.
- Develops Takaya programs for new boards and debugs those new programs on the Takaya machines so the machine operators can run throughput.
- Work with regional locations on Takaya board developments, training, and other issues.
- Thorough understanding of electronics theory needed in order to get an appropriate amount of test coverage for the development of Takaya programs.
- Ability to read schematics to calculate expected measured values in circuits.
- Learn the development program Test Expert and use it on a daily basis to create and update Takaya programs.
- Troubleshoot and repair minor electrical/mechanical issues with the Takaya machines in a timely manner to maximize machine uptime.
- Help the team evaluate new opportunities for Flying Probe equipment and processes for cost saving or value adding opportunities.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively in person, through email, instant messaging, and phone.
- Cooperation – Need to be able to plan out sharing of the Takaya machines with coworkers and operators.
- Relationships – Develops relationships with others that are based on trust and aware of how his/her actions affect internal customers and coworkers.
- Time Management – Works from a daily to-do list but will re-organize if priorities change due to program needs.
- Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate’s degree, three years of related experience
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.