Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 15256
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Contract Manager to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
This opening for a Senior Contracts Manager is within the Business and Regional Avionics (formerly BRS) Contracts Department. The Business and Regional Avionics (B&RA) Contracts Departmentsupports the airframes building smaller commercial aircraft such as Bombardier, Gulfstream, Textron, or Embraer, and airlines operating those smaller aircraft. Our customers are located in every corner of the globe. The successful candidate may at some future date, support larger aircraft airframes such as Boeing or Airbus, or may be assigned a mix of job responsibilities resulting in supporting both large and small airframe customers concurrently.
Besides drafting and negotiating contracts for non-disclosure agreements, new equipment sales, aftermarket services and support, repair services, and amendments to existing contracts, responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Contract and proposal letters
- Licenses for use of Collins Intellectual Property
- Contract interpretation
- Administrative tasks such as Contract Summaries and Briefs,
contract filing both hard copy and electronic
- Providing recommendations and guidance to various parts of the organization up to and including executive leadership
- Tracking and reporting on contract milestones, including working with accounts receivable and order administrators to issue invoices
- Review of proposals created by other departments
- Notification of pricing changes
- Verification of contract and catalog pricing
- Ensuring compliance with Collins policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with US Export Rules and Regulations
- Resolving contract related issues with customers (both internal and external)
- Collaboration with other contract managers
- Working closely with the Office of General Counsel to ensure compliance to legal requirements, meeting approval authority requirements, and minimize Collins exposure to unacceptable risk
- Special projects as may come up from time to time such as due diligence for mergers, acquisitions, or divestitures, creation of policies and procedures, providing assistance to other companies or divisions within Collins Aerospace, joint venture activities and joint venture support.
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
Some travel may be required
Experience in drafting, reviewing or interpreting contracts, technical documents or legal documents and knowledge of the uniform commercial code and/or US export regulations
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.