Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 15356
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently searching for a Sr Calibration Technician to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Test Equipment Services is looking for a team member in our AC/DC support group in Cedar Rapids Iowa. Here you will be working with a wide variety of AC/DC related equipment. This individual will need to be self-directed and customer focused. This position consists of daily interaction with peers and production while maintaining a monthly workload of calibration and repair. Hours are dayshift 7:00am -3:30pm.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Under minimal supervision, performs a variety of highly complex technical tasks, which require a substantial understanding of engineering techniques and all technical objectives. Provide mentoring in the use of an increasingly complex engineering tool set. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Performs as member of a technical team utilizing effective communication skills, including leadership role and interaction with level leadership and customers. Actively promotes team decision making.
- Provides technical recommendations for capital, expense and service acquisition.
- Utilizes automated test or design software. Highly proficient at data analysis using required software tools. Generates programming scripts or macros for data acquisition or analysis.
- Demonstrates use of resources to enhance job and product performance. Will be viewed as a technical resource to others.
- Conducts engineering tests and analyzes data to support recommended design changes when applicable.
- Works from minimal documentation, written or verbal instructions, schematics, rough sketches, diagrams, layouts and plans often requiring interpretation.
- Applies significant electronic theory to configure, model, layout, prototype, build, test, troubleshoot, determine solutions and modify electronic product for engineering efforts applicable to the department or program charter. May assist engineers with design and development of new processes and/or products
- Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate’s degree three years of related experience
- Must be able to obtain security clearance – US Citizenship Required
- Extensive experience with AC/DC equipment would be preferred
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair off prints or written work instructions
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.