United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Role Overview
This position is for an established Service Contract & Warranty Administration professional. Administers and provides for proper contract and warranty fulfillment. Reviews estimates, advises customers on basic contractual rights, analyzes data, and develops simple bids and reports related to service contracts and product warranties.
- Administers and provides proper contract and warranty fulfillment to ensure that company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications are met.
- Reviews estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure that service contracts and product warranties are complete and accurate.
- Advises customers of basic contractual rights and obligations related to service contracts and product warranties.
- Analyzes data and updates databases containing historical information regarding service contracts and warranties to identify problems and improve overall performance.
- Develops bids and prepares process specifications, progress and other reports related to service contracts and product warranties to ensure that established quality and customer satisfaction goals are achieved.
- Conducts contract, licensing, and warranty administration and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares bids, processes specifications, progress and other reports.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations.
- Compiles and analyzes data.
- Maintains historical information.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree or three years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.