United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Initial emphasis will be to support the EuMEA Navigation team with managing program deliveries for EuMEA / production with the U.S., support catalog requests, manage SalesForce updates in parallel with EuMEA Business Development, EuMEA export licenses/TAA coordination, EuMEA GPS export coordination, and supporting contract reviews for each GPS DCS purchase order/contract. Travel to EuMEA one to three times per year would be expected as well as the ability to work flex hours to correspond with PM/BD needs in EuMEA. This position will also provide support to Navigation Solutions Program Managers for continued product production, with an emphasis on managing obsolescence for the directorate. Collins Aerospace customers demand long product life cycles (20+ years) and we need to keep product shipping out the door, even through component obsolescence, to meet sales demand. This person’s work will be driven by Programs/Program Managers in the Mission Systems Navigation Solutions teams in EuMEA and Cedar Rapids.
- Ensure that program plans, schedules and budgets are followed.
- Gathers and manages data to monitor program’s progress in terms of cost, schedule, and technical specifications.
- Prepares and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the program(s).
- Demonstrates continuous improvement initiatives to optimize efficiency and quality.
- Identifies and escalates program problems and supports resolutions to ensure the successful completion of programs.
- Partners with various functional organizations to achieve alignment with customer program objectives.
- Provides expertise in the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes, including coordinating preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, operational budgets, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts to ensure legal compliance and to protect the organization’s interests.
- Directs all program phases from inception through completion.
- Interfaces with customers for project specifications to ensure successful completion.
- Manages the contract lifecycle, cost, schedule and performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Coordinates the negotiations, proposals, business plans, budgets and contracts for programs.
- Establishes cost focused performance targets and directs work to achieve these targets.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Deadline Driven – Last Time Buy notices have hard deadlines and our Enterprise obsolescence process has to get approval meetings accomplished prior to those deadlines, being overdue can mean we do not get the parts we need and production stops.
- Persistence – Dealing with cross-enterprise coordination on obsolete components requires the ability to be tenacious to get the answers needed to make decisions.
- Detail-oriented multitasker – The successful candidate will be able to handle multiple obsolescence issues that affect many Mission Systems products at the same time.
- Analysis – Demonstrates the ability to provide a logical, in-depth analysis of a problem or situation.
- Cooperation – Takes personal initiative to proactively serve as team motivator creating strong morale and synergy.
- Coordinating – Ensures that information has been received and accurately understood by all parties.
- Decisiveness – Exhibits the personal confidence necessary to make critical decisions, even amidst controversy and doubt.
- Dependability – Ensures that all details of a project are accurate.
- Drive – Displays energy, persistence, and a positive attitude when working on most projects.
- Judgment – Bases decisions on factual information and considers alternative courses of action before reaching decisions.
- Relationships – Develops relationships with others that are based on trust.
- Communication – Must be able to effectively communicate will people across multiple organizations.
Must Have Requirements:
US Citizenship or permanent resident
Theoretical knowledge typically obtained through University Degree
Bachelor’s Degree and three years of prior relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of experience is required.
Prior Earned Value Management experience and relevant applications
Prior external customer support/interface experience and awareness of ordering and demand planning tools and practices
Prior SAP experience
Prior Risk Management experience
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree or three years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Senior+Associate&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=67937f16ad1daef5&rtk=1ddtou3ipnhhv800&from=rss→