United Fire Group
Participates in all aspects of database development, implementation, operations and training to ensure data integrity and availability. Develops backup and recovery procedures for the database environment, analyzes database statistics and tunes the database for optimal performance. Oversees all database changes and coordinates and monitors reorganizations. Plans for and performs database upgrades related to new DBMS software releases.
Identifies database requirements to optimize performance. Gathers data and information by interviewing customers, analyzing department applications, and other methods as required.
Consults with development, systems, and operations teams to improve stability and performance of systems.
Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college/university in computer related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience within SQL database administration and development including but not limited to: Database Performance Monitoring and Tuning, Database Management, Database Security, and Database Development.
- Proven ability to analyze infrastructure, evaluate products, services and technologies, and make recommendations based on goals of project and organization.
- Effective communication, both written and verbal and the ability and willingness to work individually and within a team environment.
- Experience with SQL SentryOne is preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.