Businesses Collins Aerospace
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The Sourcing Manager/Specialist position is responsible to executes strategic sourcing processes that is consistent with the category strategy. The position is a sourcing process expert and will also assist on setting the category strategy on global sourcing of Direct or Indirect materials and/or services. This position is responsible for efficiently and accurately executing sourcing events, agreements and amendments, developing RFI/RFPs, and proactively identifying and addressing potential opportunities. The position is also required to achieve on-going reductions in total cost of ownership through fact based analysis.
- Application of sourcing concepts and principles. Full understanding of category.
- Leads the completion of sourcing events by developing data into information and producing deliverable sourcing documents (e.g., supplier short list, RFI/RFP, award scenarios, supplier capability assessment, etc.). Responsible for the detailed bid process to identify, assess, and select suppliers in a fair and efficient manner.
- Negotiates and drafts contract terms and conditions and understand its impact internally and externally. Executes contract documentation control processes. Is able to link category strategy with contract terms and conditions.
- Independently develops basic solutions to roadblocks and implements solutions which are moderate in scope and complexity.
- Solid understanding and accurate application of policies, procedures and government regulations.
- Supports the execution of the goals, cost savings targets, and supplier performance for the enterprise.
- Facilitates productive working relationships within Enterprise Sourcing. Frequent internal cross-functional interaction and external communications with suppliers.
- Understanding of stakeholder concerns, objectives and goals.
- Normally receives general instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Demonstrates good judgment in supporting sourcing strategies and techniques required to obtain optimal solutions. Addresses sourcing issues where analysis of situations & data requires an evaluation of variable internal and external factors.
- Supports development of the Sourcing Master Schedule and Annual Operating Plan.
- Has understanding of category insight and able to articulate major trends and themes.
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline, or, in the absence of a degree, six years of related experience.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required. Candidate must have Suply Chain experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.