Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 15604
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We are currently searching for a Software Technician to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Interprets engineering SW designs and utilizes appropriate test software, tools and diagnostic utilities to test software for sequence and functionality.
- Maintains documentation of test operations and reports results to engineering.
- Identifies and documents exact sequence of activities that produce malfunctions; writes, modifies, debugs and verifies source code as required; characterizes defects (provides descriptions for passing and failing tests for product evaluation reports).
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own obligation. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Errors may be detected and corrected but may cause moderate loss of time or customer/user dissatisfaction.
- Full knowledge of the job. Substantial acquaintance with work and understanding of general aspects of the job with a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job. Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Identifies actual or potential problems in test plans or company products; and assists product development engineers in the diagnosis and replication of product failures.
- May be responsible for documentation and software release process.
- Perform software integration testing
- May work with other departments to ensure proper product definition requirements
- Work with map place name organization and customization
Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate’s degree three years of related experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.