Job ID: 01339628
City: Cedar Rapids
Country: United States
Category: Interns/Co-Ops, Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
This position is for an Software Engineering Internship for the 2020 summer session within the Common Platform Hardware (CPH) department.
The overall charter of the CPH department is to design and support ruggedized military avionics equipment, generally for military customers (both fixed and rotary wing). Equipment types consist of mission computers, control display units, video processing units, and aircraft control panels. Printed circuit boards designed within the department include processor, I/O, interconnect, video/graphics, and EMI assemblies.
The successful candidate will gain exposure and contribute to the design and verification of product lines within the department. Opportunities will vary from requirements capture, schematic capture, PCB design, and exposure to formal MIL-STD qualification testing methods.
Duties will include assisting senior engineers on design implementation, parts procurement, product build, working with and/or creation of technical documentation, and product test. A strong interest in hardware development is desired.
Additional requirements: Candidate must be self-motivating, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be proactive when seeking needed information from other personnel.
Additional Attributes Required:
- Participates in personal and technical developmental activities
- Applies new skills in day-to-day project activities
- Is receptive to feedback and responds by making an effort to improve
- Uses problems as opportunities to learn
- Keeps leadership sufficiently informed of status of assignments
- Identifies problems and priority conflicts
- Elevates issues and concerns to leadership and/or management for resolution
- Exhibits good written communication skills
- Exhibits good oral (verbal, non-verbal/body language, listening, etc.) communication skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of the value of cooperating with team members
- Works well with others to achieve team goals
- Remains flexible and considers the opinions, suggestions, and alternatives provided by others
- Demonstrates respect and sensitivity for team members, peers, and coworkers
- Approaches work with enthusiasm
- Pursues goals and development plans with enthusiasm
Ability to obtain a security clearance is desired.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Software+Engineering+Intern&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=2be19a005be1a3a4&rtk=1dhk7ec8g1s3i000&from=rss→