Requisition ID: 16422
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace Avionics Concepts, Practices, and Tools (CPT) organization is seeking a Software Engineer Intern with a passion for problem solving and satisfying customers through the delivery of improvements to the global engineering ecosystem that provide compelling gains to the consistency, efficiency, and productivity of product development efforts across the enterprise.
CPT is at the forefront of providing state-of-the-art solutions that dramatically increases Collins Aerospace Avionics Engineering productivity and effectivity. Our recognized success has been based on the friendly, informal, and highly-cooperative team environment we’ve put in place, as well as across-the-board depth of talent. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
The successful candidate will have many of the following skills/experience:
- Entry level knowledge and hands-on experience with Object Oriented (OO) design and development
- Entry level knowledge of Object Oriented (OO) languages such as Java, C#, or C++
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Able to work independently or within a team
- Enjoys problem-solving
- Positive attitude and eager to learn and grow
- Software development
- Develop test cases, test procedures, and test case documentation
- Test effort estimation
- Perform software debugging using appropriate techniques and tools
- Performs in cross-functional team efforts in integration, verification, and validation for products
- Contribute to software engineering requirements capture, analysis, and creation for well-defined software designs
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelors or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- In pursuit of a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Degree.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- US Citizen/Permanent Resident (Green Card) is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.