Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 13351
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2019) to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins Commercial Systems Flight Management Systems is looking for a talented Engineering Co-op for the Fall 2015 Session. This exciting opportunity requires an individual who has skills and interests in systems & software development, test, implementation and integration activities. This individual will work in the FMS (Flight Management Systems) department writing requirement, designing and developing embedded software for the Rockwell Collins ProLine Fusion FMS. Experience with requirements capture and programming in C, C++, or Ada is desired.
The following experience and skills will be considered:
1. Knowledge of software or systems engineering processes and methodologies
2. Ability to follow the project’s defined systems and software process for design, development, verification and configuration management
3. Ability to collaborate with engineers and generate a positive team working environment
4. Willingness to learn and be flexible
5. Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills for purposes of developing requirements and design documentation and proposing well thought out solutions to technical problems
6. Ability to quickly acquire technical domain knowledge and contribute to the design of sophisticated architectural systems
7. Experience with aviation and/or navigation is a plus
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelors or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.