Social Worker III – The University of Iowa – Iowa City, IA
The University of Iowa
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics department of Care Coordination is seeking a Social Worker III to provide direct social work services including assessment, treatment, interventions, and recommendations to facilitate movement through the continuum of care to adult medical and surgical patients and their families. This role will also participate in and provide the social work perspective to interdisciplinary activities, as well as provide social work treatment, individually or in groups, to patients and clients and their families with complex emotional or social problems. Additionally, this position assumes basic consultation, supervisory, teaching, research, program development, and/or administrative responsibilities. Duties to include:
- Develops and implements plan of care, responsive to patient/family concerns, health care status, available resources, age‑specific problems, and clinical impressions.
- Identifies patients requiring social work intervention through use of case finding.
- Performs social work assessments with patient and/or family involvement.
- Develops clinical impressions and rates severity of problems for planned interventions.
- Provides range of social work services responsive to identified problems (e.g., help with psychosocial functioning, help with adaptation to illness, facilitating services, protective services, post‑hospital planning, etc.).
- Provide detailed job responsibilities
- Provides information, consultation and professional support to interdisciplinary team members.
- Provides information to team members regarding psychosocial issues and their impact.
- Informs team members of social work treatment goals and patient status and progress and collaborates with team regarding service provision.
- Acts as resource for team (e.g., participates in patient care rounds, team conferences, etc.)
- Advocates for the social work role with health care team members.
- Uses body of social work knowledge & understanding of human behavior to remedy team-related issues and help team members evaluate and enhance team functioning.
- Develops and facilitates groups for patients and/or significant others as appropriate.
- Identifies goals and structure for group work services.
- Provides therapy, educational, and/or support group services reflecting diagnosis‑ and age‑related issues.
- Evaluates effectiveness of group and revises as necessary.
- Contributes to strengthening the social work profession.
- Participates in local, regional, state or national social work or health care‑related groups.
- Contributes to the development, strengthening and delivery of needed health and social services.
- Participates in departmental and unit-based activities.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa’s only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
Our primary and specialty care is provided by experts from all medical specialties, attracting patients from around the world. We offer our care in convenient, comfortable settings, using the most advanced approaches and with the best outcomes as our goal.
Percent of Time: 100
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plan.
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package, including 24 days paid vacation per year to start and paid sick leave. Complete information regarding the full benefits package may be viewed at: https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits/fpsm.
- Master’s degree with a major concentration in social work
- 6 months-1 year of clinical social work experience
- A license to practice social work in Iowa
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some familiarity with social work undergraduate education
- Social work experience in a health care setting with the appropriate patient population and their families.
- Experience with identifying and navigating financial resources, including insurance coverage options, changes related to the federal and state health programs, and the disability process.
- Experience working with community resources, home healthcare, nursing facilities and other options available for patients in outpatient settings
- Experience in a fast paced, high volume work environment
- Care coordination experience or case management skills in a health care setting as part of an interdisciplinary team including experience utilizing an electronic medical record to assist with management of non-adherence, post-care follow-up and referrals to appropriate resources
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must upload a cover letter and resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on March 5, 2021.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Social+Worker&c=The+University+of+Iowa&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=58245981e20cfcc7&rtk=1eutsunpinpm7800&from=rss→