Social Worker III-CDD – The University of Iowa – Iowa City, IA
The University of Iowa
Provide social work treatment, individually or in groups, to patients and clients and their families with complex emotional or social problems, and to assume basic consultation, supervisory, teaching, research, program development and/or administrative responsibilities in this assignment.
- Prepare psycho-social histories, participate in clinical staff diagnostic and treatment staffing, interpret patients’ and clients’ and their families’ psycho-social functioning and needs, and recommend and plan social treatment methods to meet these needs.
- Plan for and provide liaison, coordination and referral services regarding patients and clients and their families.
- Provide direct services to include casework, social group work and family therapy as assessed and recommended.
- Provide indirect service to patients and clients through responsibility for and participation in program development, teaching and research.
- Plan for and provide consultation to medical or clinical service staff and community social agencies regarding the handling of medical-social or other social functioning problems of individual of groups of patients and clients and their families.
- Responsible for administrative tasks and functions.
- Contribute to the formation of department, hospital or clinic policies affecting patient and client care, training programs and departmental and professional growth.
- Participate in departmental or clinic staff meetings and planning sessions and contribute to the solution of department of clinic management problems.
- Participate in related research projects.
- Participate in the development, strengthening and delivery of needed health and social services.
- Train, schedule, assign and evaluate work of support staff.
- Assist in the evaluation for grading graduate students in social work medicine and allied specialties.
- Write case reports covering on-going social services for inclusion in the patients’ or clients’ clinical records, maintain statistical records of social service activity.
- Attend and participate in courses, meetings, conferences and workshops in attainment of new or advanced social work practice skills.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public
This requisition is being posted in conjuction with requisition 21001470 (Social Work Specialist I). The department will hire one individual between the two postings.
The Center for Disabilities and Development is dedicated to improving the health and independence of people with disabilities and creating a life with opportunities for everyone. As a multi-disciplinary center of excellence, The CDD integrates a broad array of clinical services in one location, including developmental and behavioral pediatrics, nursing, speech-language pathology, occupational and physical therapy, psychology, social work, education, and audiology, and thus provides an ideal environment for patient care, education and research. Our clinical team works with patients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, autism spectrum disorder, behavior disorders, cerebral palsy, cognitive disorders, Down syndrome, Fragile X and spina bifida. Families who come to our clinic often have complex needs which is why CDD uses a team approach, bringing together the right experts to help families find answers. At the heart of each team are the patient and family. For more information please visit https://uichildrens.org/medical-services/center-disabilities-and-development
- A Master’s defree with a major conventration in Social Work is required
- Some (6 months-1 year) Social Work experience is required
- A license to practice social work in Iowa is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Some familiarity with social work undergraduate education is desired
Please attach a resume and cover letter (under submission relevant materials) as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Social+Worker+Cdd&c=The+University+of+Iowa&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=9b39a714320c4344&rtk=1eutsunpinpm7800&from=rss→