Social Work Specialist I-CDD – The University of Iowa – Iowa City, IA
The University of Iowa
Provide advanced or specialized Social Work practice skills in areas of social casework, social group work, consultation, program development, teaching and training, research and public education.
- Practice specialized social work skills with patients, clients and their families.
- Responsible for program planning and implementation of social work service to groups of patients or clients and their families for whom highly specialized treatment and care is provided.
- Responsible for the practicum instruction of social work students.
- Train, schedule, assign and evaluate work of support staff.
- Provide information on social work and social service priorities.
- Responsible for the coordination of after-care, follow-up or other special programs.
- Provide consultation to social workers in other health or social agencies.
- Responsible for internal and external community relations.
- Attend and participate in training, meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Teach diagnostic and treatment skills to social workers, and other professionals and support staff.
- Provide information to other social workers in the area of practice and in areas of specialized competence.
- Consult, initiate and participate in social work research.
- Assistant with the preparation of grant proposals.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
This requisition is being posted in conjuction with requisition 21001471 (Social Worker III). The department will hire one individual between the two postings.
The Center for Disabilities and Development is dedicated to improving the health and independence of people with disabilities and creating a life with opportunities for everyone. As a multi-disciplinary center of excellence, The CDD integrates a broad array of clinical services in one location, including developmental and behavioral pediatrics, nursing, speech-language pathology, occupational and physical therapy, psychology, social work, education, and audiology, and thus provides an ideal environment for patient care, education and research. Our clinical team works with patients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, autism spectrum disorder, behavior disorders, cerebral palsy, cognitive disorders, Down syndrome, Fragile X and spina bifida. Families who come to our clinic often have complex needs which is why CDD uses a team approach, bringing together the right experts to help families find answers. At the heart of each team are the patient and family. For more information please visit https://uichildrens.org/medical-services/center-disabilities-and-development
- A Master’s degree in Social Work is required.
- Considerable (3-5 years) Social Work experience is required.
- A license to practice social work in Iowa is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Certification by the Academy of Certified Social Workers is desirable.
- Additional graduate education and/or continuing education related to advanced Social Work practice and skills is desirable.
Please attach a resume and cover letter (under submission relevant materials) as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Social+Work+Specialist+Cdd&c=The+University+of+Iowa&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=3bc621e9d68662cf&rtk=1eutsunpinpm7800&from=rss→