The Shift Supervisor position is responsible for being the site management representative 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The position will ensure adequate communication is maintained between operating business units, contractors, customers and outside regulatory agencies. This position will handle after hours customer service calls. This position will also ensure adherence to Cargill, Inc. policies and procedures including safety, food safety, environmental, sanitation, work quality standards, management and production.
40% Coaching, development, training and management support to the operations team within the facility such that the goals of the organization are achieved. Oversee employee issues and concerns. Ensure employee engagement. Manage overall facility emergency response and operations, including maintenance needs, troubleshooting on rotating shifts to meet customer needs and ensure compliance with all Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
25% Assist with monitoring product quality, product inventories, production rates, delivery schedules, coordinating and prioritizing of emergency maintenance resources.
15% Able to perform as HAZMAT incident commander. Must be able to develop basic operational understanding of all operating departments.
10% Coordinate/allocate site utility employees to ensure daily sanitation standards are met. Ensures all department training is completed in a timely manner. Performs MSS, LOTO, plant safety inspection and other required audits as required.
10% Perform miscellaneous job duties as assigned..
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR High School diploma/GED plus 4+ years technical experience.
- 2+ years working experience
- Supervisory experience
- Able and willing to work a 12-hour rotating shift, and hours when necessary.
- Able and willing to work in a physical production and industrial environment.
- Experience of Food Safety, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental regulations.
- Experience of basic HR practices, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Guiding Principles, etc.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Experience in manufacturing.
- Experience of principles of reliability.
- Experience of Continuous Improvement tools.
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Leadership: Ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively both verbal and written within multiple levels of the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-IA-Cedar Rapids
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.