Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 15045
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior PC Support Technician to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
This is an opportunity to join a highly skilled technical team! Team members gain experience in supporting some of the most complex computing environments within our company. We work in partnership with Engineering Programs on a variety of different technical platforms. This is a fast-paced environment in which you won’t have worry about passing the time or working on repetitive tasks. Everyday brings something different!
This position will provide IT support for Collins Aerospace labs. Our labs serve as a workspace for a variety of engineering activities. The client landscape includes a variety of current and legacy technology including; Windows, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Solaris systems and accompanying hardware. Lab systems adhere to strict Government regulations and team members must operate in accordance with Corporate policies. Work assignments may include:
- Software & hardware support
- Systems maintenance
- Systems upgrades
- Technical implementation reviews with customer and peers
- Knowledge documentation & review
- Identify gaps in process and propose ideas to improve efficiency
- Infrastructure support of small / local environments
- Coordinating cross-functional work activities with peer groups
- Customer communications in regards to systems outages and maintenance activities
Government Security Clearance is a required, candidates who do not have a clearance will be required to apply for one within the first 30 days of employment. Candidate should have at least 2+ years enterprise experience in at least 2 of the following:
- Computer hardware support
- Computer software support (Windows XP or newer OS)
- Linux Operating Systems
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.