What You Will Do: As part of the Capital Strategy team with Transamerica, you will provide leadership with the reporting and fulfillment of our reinsurance relationships especially related to internal reinsurance. You will initiate, direct, and coordinate transactions to optimize capital efficiency. This position is highly visible and influential, as you will be the key point of contact for senior leaders.
What You Will Learn: In this role you will gain insight about Transamerica’s products and financial performance. You will build relationships with key leaders in all areas of finance. Your work will have a direct impact on the future of our organization.
What Success Looks Like:
- Recommend, coordinate, communicate, and support the Americas transaction initiatives (including acquisitions and divestitures) that enhance ROC, capital stability, and capital position.
- Support and lead initiatives to utilize reinsurance to manage capital volatility, enhance ROC, capital positions, and improve ALM and hedging strategies.
- Use knowledge of reinsurance to support initiatives including report structures, business processes, and captive deal management and reporting.
- Provide recommendations to optimize a consistent capital generation pattern and drive consistent growth in dividend capacity.
- Provide insight on drivers of profit between of basis of accounting; make recommendations related to the return on equity and impact on capital initiatives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleagues throughout Transamerica and Aegon to further understand profit drivers, product pricing, ALM strategy, hedging requirements, and volatility for products offered to customers.
- Remain well-versed in ALM strategy, hedge accounting, and key impacts under accounting bases to support and coordinate capital initiatives.
- Monitor domestic and global industry conditions, regulatory developments, and emerging trends; analyze the impact on Transamerica’s regulatory capital position and initiatives.
- Support government policy and affairs advocacy efforts.
- Partner with Director, Capital Strategy to meet business goals.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, financial, actuarial, or related field
- Prefer advance degree, FSA, CPA
- Eight years of relevant experience, including work in the insurance, financial services, or investment management industry
- Extensive knowledge of applicable accounting/business
- Management/leadership skills
- Communication skills to provide information to broad audiences
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Forward thinker to anticipate
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.