Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 15625
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior IT Project Manager – Digital Technology to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
At Collins Aerospace, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. We are currently searching for a Senior IT Project Manager to join our team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Collins Aerospace and help shape our future while creating yours.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Relocation to Cedar Rapids is required. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
- The Digital Technology Program Management Office is currently searching for a Senior IT Project Manager to join our team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The Sr IT Project Manager will have responsibilities for planning and executing Collins Aerospace Digital Technology projects that contribute to the achievement of our company’s strategic roadmap.
- The ideal candidate will effectively lead the planning and implementation of projects to enable the organization to succeed and meet strategic deliverables.
- This position focuses on managing multiple Digital Technology projects, which may include implementation of third party solutions, application development and infrastructure optimization solutions.
- Communicate and manage project vision with project leadership team to ensure an understanding of the project plan and scope in conjunction with company’s commitments and customer expectations.
- Define deliverables, scope of work and develop detailed schedule for projects to ensure value is provided to the customer/requestor and business objective and goals are met.
- Build highly effective project teams, and establish effective relationships with impacted departments and functional areas.
- Communicate expectations and instill accountability in team members.
- Resolve conflicts, promote work sharing, and motivate teams toward common goals.
- Apply project management principles including project financial management, scope and schedule management, risk and opportunity management, critical problem solving, variance and root cause analysis techniques to ensure on time delivery of product capabilities that meet customer requirements.
- Make timely and sound business decisions that support the business objectives of Collins Aerospace.
- Summarize and present key information to Senior Leadership enabling them to make decisions.
- Manage multiple projects, tasks, and resources through effective organization, prioritization, and time management practices to meet operational objectives.
- Participate in continuous process improvement and lean initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree, a minimum of six years of related experience.
- Experience with project oversight of software development initiatives.
- Experience building and managing schedules in MS Project.
Preferred experience (not required):
- Experience working in a government and/or manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing projects in the following areas
- IT cyber security
- Mobile applications
- Collaboration tools
- Business Warehouse
- Cloud solutions
- Experience with multiple project methodologies including agile Scrum methodology.
- Experience leading data migration activities.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification.
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.