Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 16700
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We are currently searching for a Senior Engineering Manager – Fixed Wing Solutions to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
The Collins Aerospace Military Fixed Wing Solutions department is seeking an innovative, fun spirited, challenge driven, morale boosting leader to join the leadership team as a Senior Engineering Manager.
The ideal candidate will lead a team of systems engineers in the design, development, verification, and strategic planning of multiple programs within the Military Fixed Wing Portfolio. The team is primary focused on new Military Pro Line Fusion™ system development as well as driving the overall architecture road-map.
- Apply technical expertise to train and coach their team members to achieve program and department goals.
- Support bid and proposal activities.
- Interface with both internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with program management and senior management across all business areas within Avionics Systems.
- Focus will be on employee development (coaching, mentoring and career development), technical expertise, process compliance, and resource management.
- Day-to-day employee development, talent acquisition / retention, performance management and strategic support of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- US Citizenship required.
- Experience in leading a team of engineers in defining requirements, developing system architecture and design, and verification.
- Experience with the full system lifecycle.
- Capable of leading an organization focused on building and expanding program and product solutions.
- Understanding of avionics civil certification requirements.
- Project planning and performance of project cost, schedule, and scope management.
Key skills for success:
- Highly motivated, have a passion to win and flexibility while working in a fast-paced engineering environment across a matrixed organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.