United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently searching for a Senior Engineering Manager to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. This position is responsible for managing the engineering development and program execution of FPGA/ASIC Communications programs for Rockwell Collins Government Systems (RCGS). Responsibilities include engineering management and engaged involvement in all aspects of FPGA/ASIC development and integration efforts as well as project management skills including SPI and CPI analysis.
- Responsibilities include planning, organizing, resource allocation, personnel development, performance reviews, salary planning, and overall group management FPGA/ASIC engineers. The position requires project execution direction to the engineering team. Candidate must demonstrate sound decision-making skills, communication skills, networking skills, and able to accurately forecast project work and costs. A successful candidate will also have a high-level understanding of systems and hardware development.
- Candidate will work directly with and/or manage daily activities of FPGA/ASIC engineers, project engineering, program management, and supporting organizations to develop VHDL, Verilog, and SystemVerilog for military communications products based on software-defined radio architectures.
- Candidate will lead the engineering team using strong interaction, interpersonal, mentoring and negotiating skills, and will be responsible for managing project risks/issues and elevating to upper management when appropriate. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for adhering to, and supporting Rockwell Collins process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements.
- A successful candidate will have working knowledge of FPGA/ASIC development and use of VHDL, Verilog and SystemVerilog. Proven ability to guide and lead FPGA/ASIC development processes, develop the team composition, and will be responsible for training. Extensive experience in all FPGA/ASIC development phases from concept, Preliminary Design (PDR), Detailed Design (DDR), code and verification, integration and product deliveries is highly desired.
- Candidate will work directly with systems engineering teams and coordinate requirements identification, development and acceptance testing of FPGA/ASIC deliveries. A successful candidate will need the ability to matrix multiple programs and development tasks while supporting the various projects objectives of cost and schedule.
- The following are considered benefits to the candidate’s ability to learn or have familiarity with: software defined radios architectures, networking communications waveforms, experience with bid narrative write-ups, earned value reporting, configuration management tools such as Subversion, SEER-H estimation modeling tool. Experience in use of FPGA/ASIC tools including Altera Quartus, Xilinx ISE/XPS, Xilinx Vivado, SynplifyPro, and Questasim is a plus. Experience with embedded System-On-Chip technologies, radio systems development, crypto design/development, and OVM/UVM verification framework is considered a plus.
Must Have Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
Preferred experience (but not required):
- Program leadership experience
- Applied experience developing VHDL
- Practical experience in all aspects/phases of embedded ASIC/FPGA development & design
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.