United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.The nature of our global business is complex and we are part of one of the fastest growing industries on the planet.Our success relies on the Office of the General Counsel to help us get the job done. As a valued partner, the Office of the General Counsel plays an integral role in the Collins Aerospace technologies becoming a reality in space, in the air, or on the ground. The team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our collective world class team’s inventive ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
This position is for an Experienced contracts professional, working independently. Creates proposals, negotiates and completes contracts. Provides guidance on warranty and contract administration and monitors analyses and coaches less experienced staff. Responsible for process improvements to enhance department function and performance.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for non-disclosure agreements, new equipment sales, aftermarket services and support, repair services, and amendments to existing contracts
Drafting contracts and proposal letters
Negotiating contract terms
Licenses for use of Collins Intellectual Property
- Administrative tasks such as Contract Summaries and Briefs, contract filing (both hard and electronic copies)
- Providing recommendations and guidance to various parts of the organization up to and including executive leadership
- Tracking and reporting on contract milestones, including working with accounts receivable and order administrators to issue invoices
- Review of proposals created by other departments
- Notification of pricing changes
- Verification of contract and catalog pricing
- Ensuring compliance with US Export Rules and Regulations
- Resolving contract related issues with customers (both internal and external)
- Collaboration with other contract managers within Collins Aerospace companies
- Working closely with the Office of General Counsel to ensure compliance to legal requirements, meeting approval authority requirements, and minimize Collins exposure to unacceptable risk
- Special projects as may come up from time to time such as due diligence for mergers, acquisitions, or divestitures, creation of policies and procedures, providing assistance to other companies or divisions within Collins Aerospace, joint venture activities and joint venture support.
- Perform excellent customer interfacing skills to build strong customer relationships while protecting Collins Aerospace interests
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Senior+Contract+Manager&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=c559c7acc25b0f1f&rtk=1dglaf7v61scc000&from=rss→