United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join the Digital Technologies (DT) Security Operations staff in the Security Center of Excellence (COE).
The Information Security Analyst is responsible for the assessment of risk with the associated development and implementation of processes and controls that are associated with the protection of information. The professional is expected to work with end user services and cross-functional teams to provide the requested security services, troubleshoot and resolve issues. The Information Security professional is expected to operate and perform at the highest levels of confidentiality and integrity and work among a team of skilled analysts to address simple to moderately complex problems across the various security functions.
- Assist with tier two/three security support services for the enterprise. This includes timely resolution of tickets and completion of requests within prescribed Service level Agreements (SLAs) to ensure all standard processes are followed.
- Assist in all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Assists in the support of domain structures, user authentication, digital signatures, provisioning, authorization, and identity administration.
- Participates in the on-call rotation.
- Evaluate, seek approval and implement simple to moderately complex firewall requests based on security policies and standards
- Assists with detailed troubleshooting in support of system remediation efforts.
- Remediation of tickets placed into the COE queue by other parties
- Escalating security tickets to parties responsible for remediation or additional analysis when necessary
- Escalating issues as necessary to lead or COE manager
- Following up on open items to ensure timely resolution. Escalation of older tasks for attention and immediate resolution
- Completion of weekly status reports and metrics updates to lead or COE manager.
- Making recommendations for adjustments to standard work as situations emerge that are not yet captured in documentation
- Serving as a security lead for simple to moderately complex development and deployment projects.
- Working towards being a Subject Matter Expert in at least one area and considered a domain generalist in multiple areas, including a moderate understanding of information security knowledge in the assigned areas.
- Ensuring any changes in ability to cover an on-call shift are clearly communicated to lead and COE manager and documented appropriately; work with other teammates for coverage as needed
- Various projects, reports, and tasks as assigned
- Thorough understanding of fundamental security and network concepts (operating systems, IPS/IDS, TCP/IP, ports, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytic expertise – to include ability to think critically and logically in a dynamic, high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Must possess or be able to obtain (at company’s expense) a Secret level clearance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution
Must have GPA of 3.0
Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
US Citizenship required
- Security certifications (e.g. Security+, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, CEH, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft and Unix-based operating systems
- Experience in Active Directory and Account administration
- Experience with Enterprise Firewall rules and rule creation.
- Experience in general security to effectively collaborate with team members and leadership.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Security+Center+Excellence+Intern&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=40b601bcc692bbaa&rtk=1dkeb3780f34r800&from=rss→