Cedar Rapids Marriott - MQR
The Sales Manager is responsible for the direct sales revenue generation activities and results for assigned market segment of the hotel. Following the direction of the Director of Sales & Marketing, and the Atrium Hospitality Standards and Procedures, the Sales Manager will achieve the assigned goals and demonstrate a commitment to these goals through work ethic, integrity, passion and respect for the Company and its associates.
- Take the necessary training and become acknowledgeable of the assigned markets.
- Independently develop and complete the Monthly SMART Plan, which documents measurable goals and includes the specific action items necessary to ensure success. Communicate progress of the SMART Plan each week during the Weekly One on One Meeting with the DOSM and document results at the end of the month.
- Identify potential customers, accounts and markets, develop new business, and cultivate existing relationships using sales activities including Research, Prospecting, Telephone & Electronic Communications, Outside Sales Calls, Entertainment, Site Inspections, Trade Shows, and Networking Events, all to achieve the assigned revenue goal.
- Successfully navigate through the Sales Process including Qualifying, Negotiating, Closing and Detailing Group and/or Catering Leads.
- Understand the customer’s needs, budget and historical spend, along with financial goals and impact to the hotel and evaluate business opportunities to determine whether such opportunities should be pursued by the hotel.
- Review, evaluate and execute sales contracts with customers.
- Ensure systems are established and in place to respond to customer needs within a defined response period. These may include, but are not limited to: telephone inquiries, emails, bids, proposals, confirmation of bookings, thank you letters, follow up letters, etc.
- Develop and maintain a file and trace system to ensure all sales call activity is defined, recorded, traced, and updated in an organized manner.
- Conduct and/or participate in the required company standard meetings, including but not limited to daily stand up meeting, daily business review, weekly sales meeting, and weekly one-on-one with the Director of Sales.
- Ensure the understanding and implementation of Brand Sales initiatives, tools, and resources.
- Local Community involvement as it benefits the hotel, via approved memberships in organizations, community service, and networking events.
- Understand and interpret market conditions, trends, and competition by analyzing data, drawing conclusion on that data and making decisions and recommendations for improvement of hotel revenues.
- Contribute and work as a “team” member in all facets of the position
- Perform other services and duties as requested by the General Manager. May be called upon to host functions and participate in, or conduct sales blitz, travel and work extended hours to achieve departmental goals.
- Present a clean, pleasant and professional image to project a positive, polished appearance to staff, potential guests and clients.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Typing skills required as well as knowledge of software programs including Microsoft Office and common industry sales systems.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, both written and oral. Ability to effectively present information in one on one or small group situations to customers, clients, owners and other associates of the organization.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to investigate and analyze large amounts of data drawing conclusion on that data and make decisions and offer recommendations for improvement of hotel revenues. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to think independently and use discretion to make decision impacting the company’s business operations and finances.
- Persuade and influence
- Motivate, encourage and inspire
- Creative thinking
- Effective communication
- Leadership skills
- Outgoing personality
- Problem resolution
- Two or more years of college or a minimum of two years of hotel experience in a sales & marketing, front office, or other supervisory position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.