Revenue Cycle Manager – Patient Financial Services – The University of Iowa – Iowa City, IA
The University of Iowa
The University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics department of Patient Financial Services is seeking a Revenue Cycle Manager (RCM) within Physician/Hospital Accounts Receivable Management (P/HARM) division to be responsible for planning, coordination and management of all aspects of revenue cycle management operations and projects for an area(s) within P/HARM. A main focus area of responsibility will be the management of physician accounts receivable, with payor expertise. The RCM will have responsibility for supervising 2-5 front-line supervisors, each with additional direct staff report and will manage and direct revenue activities in the following areas:
- Plan, coordinate and manage the operations of multiple insurance and billing follow up business units including the University of Iowa Physicians (UIP) and UIHC departments.
- Serve as liaison to Hospital Departments, Clinical Departments, third party payers, and external vendors.
- Drive excellence in all areas of operations by focusing on People, Quality, Service, Financials, Growth and Employee Motivation. Define and track key performance measures, monitor progress, and consistently deliver results.
- Design, test, and implement work processes and technology to promote automation and to increase process efficiencies.
- Develop and implement new procedures and workflow to enhance cash collections for services rendered by clinical departments.
- Monitor statistical data including payer denial data in order to recommend and implement operational procedures and protocols to improve services, reduce costs, decrease days of revenue, and increase cash flow.
- Schedule and assign all supervisory and clerical staff in the assigned areas ensuring staffing levels are maintained to provide timely and accurate follow-up.
- Develop, implement and monitor staff performance standards including development of motivational incentives within established institutional and state guidelines.
- Develop and present to PFS Leadership and UIHC Administration on critical topics tied to revenue management.
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing computer applications, upgrades to billing system, Epic workflows and other bolt-on software products.
- Assist Associate Director with compilation and preparation of special and periodic statistical and financial reports for the Director of Patient Financial Services, Clinical Department Administrators, Clinic Department Executive Officers, as well as College of Medicine and Hospital Administration.
- Perform human resource functions including interviewing, selection, training, performance evaluation, salary determination, promotion and disciplinary action.
- Work closely with the PFS Training Department to create training curriculums and communicate areas of training needs specific to the P/HARM staff.
- Respond to inquiries and complaints from patients, clinical and hospital staff, and public; determine escalation of patient accounts to upper management.
- Assist P/HARM Associate Director in the establishment of annual operating budgetary needs for designated departments and monitor performance to achieve targeted levels of fiscal performance.
- Assist in negotiating and monitoring contracts with external vendors.
- Coordinate with Strategic Relations and other University departments to request bids for contracted services and to manage the implementation of services once the supplier is awarded the contract.
Classification: Revenue Cycle Manager
Department: Patient Financial Services
Pay Grade: 5B https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/professional-and-scientific-pay-structure-b
Percent of Time: 100%
Location: Hospital Support Services Buildings (HSSB) in Coralville, IA
Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Financial, Healthcare Administration or other relevant discipline OR combination of education and healthcare revenue cycle experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of hospital and physician billing and follow up experience, preferably in a high volume clinic or hospital setting; with proven analytical skills in the interpretation of financial data.
- Supervisory experience (typically 1-3 years) in a high-volume, fast-paced customer service team work environment successfully resolving a variety of personnel issues.
- Proficiency with office software such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,)
- Working experience with multiple technology platforms such as Cirius and/or Epic.
- Proven success with identifying trends, opportunities for operational improvement, etc and providing solutions to improve processes and workflows.
- Maintain current knowledge and stay aware of industry trends and continually strive for improvement with both technical and professional skills.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA laws, CMS regulations, and treats all information received confidentially.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Epic HB and/or PB Resolute modules.
- Experience and knowledge of Patient Financial Services’ functions, systems, proccesses, & policies
- Experience in a union environment.
- Working experience in an academic medical setting.
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must upload a cover letter and resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on December 1, 2020.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Revenue+Cycle+Manager&c=The+University+of+Iowa&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=8c0394319ae8348b&rtk=1enbroia8npkv800&from=rss→