Retail Sales Associate – The Depot Express – Norway, IA
The Depot Express
Apply online @ www.thedepotexpress.com
Sales Associates provide excellent customer service while assisting guests. This position is either full-time or part-time and is necessary to keep the store running smoothly.
- Guests are the first priority; other tasks can wait.
- Greet guests as they enter. Use an upbeat, friendly voice, have a smile on your face and make eye contact.
- Continually be aware of the guests while they are in the store.
- Develop a rapport with guests.
- Memorize current in-store promotions.
- Assist guests with item selection. Pass any information on to the manager about customer requests.
- Check the stockroom for items not found on the sales floor.
- Answer questions by telephone using proper etiquette. Read guest orders back to verify accuracy.
- Consistently prepare and package food based on The Depot guidelines.
- Stock the hot and cold food cases.
- Prepare food using proper portion sizes to control inventory costs.
- Re-stock inventory when low or out. Notify management when products are out of stock.
- Prepare tools and fill containers used for food preparation and holding.
Store cleaning and appearance
- Use proper hand washing and glove methods.
- Avoid cross-contamination of food products.
- Continually clean work area.
- Label back-stock according to health department and Depot guidelines.
- Label fresh food according to health department and Depot guidelines.
- Clean and straighten the kitchen.
- Sweep, mop, clean, and dispose of trash.
- Scan barcodes into the cash register or use quick keys.
- Process cash, check and card-based payments.
- Check IDs for age-restricted items like alcohol, tobacco and lottery.
- Tell all guests thank you.
Store promotion and sales
- Suggestive sell items using current promotions and items that complement those already in the guest’s basket.
- Receive guest orders for food or product and suggest add-ons to the orders. Relay order information to the proper area.
Store cleaning and appearance
- Place inventory on shelves or on the sales floor.
- Clean and straighten the cash register area.
- Straighten inventory.
- Vacuum or sweep, clean, dust and dispose of trash.
Shift tasks and checklists
- Complete tasks on the shift checklist.
- Manage time efficiently.
Training and education
Paid orientation and on-the-job training will include testing on the point of sale system as well as other systems used in the normal operations of the business. Sales Associates will also be required to take bi-annual exams for alcohol and tobacco education.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $10.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Every other week
- Store Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Waiting period may apply
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Retail+Sales+Associate&c=The+Depot+Express&l=Norway%2C+IA&jk=af3d22c5a4a7cf6d&rtk=1ek29alb0o27f800&from=rss→