Rehabilitation Therapy Aide – The University of Iowa – Iowa City, IA
The University of Iowa
- Under the direction of a physical therapist, perform select exercises with patients who are recovering from neurologic/ orthopedic injuries/surgeries; assist patients with cystic fibrosis with airway clearance techniques and monitoring aerobic exercise.
- Gather and prepare equipment (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, etc.) for the therapy session.
- Assist the therapist by moving equipment (IV poles, wheelchairs, etc.) while the therapist mobilizes the patient.
- Assist the therapist in mobilizing patients.
- Prepares, maintains, and cleans treatment areas.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Collaboration and Embracing Diversity: Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and civil manner while appreciating the unique contribution of individuals from varied cultures, race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- Positive Impact/Achieving Results: Ability to utilize existing resources and learning to achieve or exceed desired outcomes of current and future organizational goals/needs. Able to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations while producing results.
- Service Excellence/Customer Focus: Ability to meet or exceed customer service needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner. Ability to effectively transmit and interpret information through appropriate communication with internal and external customers.
Percent of Time: 100%
Schedule: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Pay Grade: 03 https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/merit-pay-plan
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Ability to read, write, and follow directions
- Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience providing direct patient care to acute care inpatients.
- Experience providing techniques designed to clear airways (chest percussion, vibrating vest, coughing, etc.)
- Experience monitoring patients during aerobic exercise.
- Experience assisting patients in functional activities (getting in/out of bed, transferring, walking).
Please attach a resume and cover letter as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Rehabilitation+Therapy+Aide&c=The+University+of+Iowa&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=ea59daaf7310e593&rtk=1eutsunpinpm7800&from=rss→