Cedar Rapids Community School District
2019-2020 School Year
- Under direction of professional staff, work with students individually or in group settings
- Implement Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP) for students with challenging behaviors, including modeling and coaching building level staff who work with the student
- Maintain data and progress notes for students with behavioral needs
- Collaborate on a team for determining effective strategies for students with Tier 3 plans
- May include working one-to-one with student to complete assigned tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Non-Administrative Meet and Confer
Eight (8) hours per day
PREPARATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
- Will attend mandatory two week training as scheduled (the weeks of August 6 & August 13)
- Will complete non-violent crisis intervention training as a condition of employment
- Understands and accepts the physical risk that may be associated with working with students with behavioral issues
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility in working with building staff
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to assume responsibility
- Enjoy working with young people
- Ability to work well with others
- Regular attendance
- Capable of representing the school in a professional manner, which includes but is not limited to confidentiality, communication skills, and dress
Required Education Level: GED or High School Diploma
To perform essential functions successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle and/or feel objects, tools or controls; talk and hear. The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and forward 0 to 24 inches and on occasion up to 36 inches. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp items. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds 0 to 12 feet and occasionally up to 20 feet, such as curriculum materials, desks, chairs, and boxes. The employee will sometimes push/pull items such as tables and carts. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus while supervising students and working with computers, written materials, reports, assessment data, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. The position requires the commitment of professional working hours that may require the employee to extend beyond a typical 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. workday. The employee will frequently work in different areas of the classroom including in/at desks, on or near the floor, standing, in movement while supervising indoor and outdoor activities, etc. The employee will usually work in indoor temperatures but will work outdoors when assisting students outside of the classroom.
The information contained in this job description is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
The Cedar Rapids Community School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.
Hourly Range: $18.68