Quality Control Mortgage Specialist – IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union – Iowa City, IA
IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union
IHMVCU is growing and adding an experienced Quality Control Mortgage Specialist to the team (perhaps you!).
The Quality Control Mortgage Specialist helps ensure that all loans comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This position assists in establishing standards for loan quality, create processes designed to achieve those standards, and mitigates risks associated with the origination processes. In this role, you will perform quality control/quality assurance assigned audits, including pre-funding, post-closing, and random/discretionary audits.
The successful candidate will need the following skills/qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years mortgage or related work experience required.
- Encompass, Desktop Underwriter, or similar mortgage software experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of FHA, VA, RD, FNMA and FHLMC rules and regulation.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and strong multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work remotely
If you have talent to detect inaccuracies and the drive to ensure precision in the work you do, this career is for you!
IHMVCU offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, including 401(k) with company match, holiday pay, vacation benefits, and health insurance including dental and vision. If you want a glimpse of what it’s like to work here, watch our ‘Get Your Slice of the Pie’ video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm9V_ELd5E8.
IHMVCU, the largest credit union in the Quad City area, serving more than 130,000 members and over $1.5 billion in assets is a member owned cooperative dedicated to financial health and community development.Move Up your career at IHMVCU with this great opportunity!
- Sitting: Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Finger, handle, touch: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Lifting Demands: Up to 10 lbs.
- Visual acuity to do things such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.