United Fire Group
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we’ve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. We’ve been named an Iowa Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years, and included on Forbes’ “America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
UFG, a top Iowa workplace and one of America’s most ethical companies, is seeking talented quality assurance analysts to join our growing organization. These roles will plan and execute testing efforts based on the project requirements and system design. This position plans, designs, executes and reports on conversion test scripts and application screen comparisons to ensure high quality solution. The analyst will be responsible for identifying, documenting and reporting software defects.
- Test software releases to ensure all requirements are tested and systems are operable while data integrity is maintained.
- Use Workfront to report and track issues/bugs found during testing and follow through to assure all have been corrected.
- Works with Data/Business Analyst to understand and clarify requirements to ensure adequate test coverage with appropriate test plans/cases
- Assists in the creation of test analysis and reporting, defect trends, defect reoccurrence and overall system stability assessment
- Interact with third party vendors to ensure software releases meet all the requirements.
- Assist Quality Assurance Manager as requested.
- Keep current with new technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two-year college degree preferred and/or 1 to 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the following: IT Quality Assurance, Software Testing, Test Plan Development and Test Script/Matrix Development
- Experience in any of the following: IT Quality Assurance, P&C Insurance, Claims, Life Insurance, Software Testing and Test Plan Development.
- SQL and basic knowledge of PLSQL (creating Stored procedures and functions)
- Traditional ETL process knowledge to the ELT (extract, load, transform) process for data
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail along with possessing strong analytical skills
- Certified or working towards CSTE, CSQA or comparable certification.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.