Public Space Attendant – Kirkwood Community College – Cedar Rapids, IA
Kirkwood Community College
$10.26 an hour
Full Job Description
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Attend to the needs of all guests.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Maintain compliance with required training.
- Serve as a professional role model.
- Coach and nurture students.
- Clean building floors.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment.
- Mix chemicals according to specifications.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs.
- Requisition supplies and equipment.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors.
- Regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, listen, and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to calculate correct quantities.
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment.
- Demonstrate professional role modeling for students.
- Maintains professional and objective relationships.
- Promotes belief in student’s self-worth and self-awareness.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
- Understand objectives and expectations for the practicum.
- Assist students in achieving course objectives.
- Coach and nurture student in performance of skills.
- Document observations of performance & progress in timely fashion.
- Supervise students and provide feedback on performance.
- Report student performance to the Hospitality Program faculty.
- Serve as a resource for students.
- Collaborate with faculty.
- Ensure adherence to all regulatory requirements.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Post high school degree.
- 2 years full time experience in a related hospitality setting.
- Equivalent education and related work experience.
- Completion of the core assessment of the Skills Advantage WorkKeys Program.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Public+Space+Attendant&c=Kirkwood+Community+College&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=041f85e2de357977&rtk=1f1is37dvo2i0800&from=rss→