Property Maintenance Technician – Ahmann Companies/Q4 Real Estate – Hiawatha, IA
Ahmann Companies/Q4 Real Estate
residential or commercial maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
Driver’s License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The primary responsibility of this position is to repair common issues in relation to maintenance of the interior or exterior of residential and commercial buildings as managed by Q4 Real Estate. The maintenance technician must possess numerous and varied “handyman” type skills. The goal of this individual as a part of Q4 Real Estate is to ensure our customers are completely satisfied and our properties are well maintained. This includes following all safety guidelines and procedures. Works with their team for accomplishing goals while providing excellent customer service and maximizing billable hours.
Key Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Inspect, operate, or test equipment to diagnose malfunctions and make repairs or contact proper vendor as needed.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting and/or replacing filters, or doing other preventive maintenance actions.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Respond to alarm calls
- Paint or repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, or other parts of building structures as needed.
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Track and record hours and work type; track owners vs. tenant work for charge back.
- Maintain grounds such as light landscaping or snow removal not covered by contract services.
- Estimate costs to repair machinery, equipment, or building structures.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintain common areas ensuring cleanliness and repair standards.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships and provide excellent customer service internally and externally.
- Ensure that all customer complaints are documented, acted upon and monitored until issues are settled within their scope of authority.
- May schedule and work with vendors for repairs and monitor contract services such as cleaning, landscaping, snow and trash removal.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years of maintenance in residential or commercial property management experience required
- Valid driver’s license
- Takes pride in work
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Possess basic carpentry & maintenance skills
- Ability to work in all environments
- Ability to lift material (50 pounds)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Proven excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with residents, vendors, customers, and internal departments
- Ability to set up systems and remain organized
- Comfortable using computers
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- residential or commercial maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Multiple locations