RSM Solutions Inc
If you have read my job descriptions before, this will be a refresher. For those of you who haven’t read my job descriptions before, welcome to the party.
My name is Tom. I am Partner & VP at RSM Solutions, Inc and about 95% of my time is spent customer-facing. That being said, their are no layers between me and any of my clients, and I spend most of my day actually talking to hiring managers to get down and dirty and figure out what someone really wants as opposed to just posting the ‘everything and a bag of chips, a bag of fritos, and a Twinkie’ job description (you know what I am talking about…those job descriptions that read like a grocery store list of a zillion things …half of which don’t exist).
Here are a couple key points for this role:
1) This is a permanent role, and not a contract or contract to hire role.
2) This role is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and will require someone to be onsite Monday through Friday…this is not a remote role or a role where you can fly in on Sunday and fly back home on Friday. In other words, if you are not local (or at least in the Greater Cedar Rapids area), you would need to relocate for this role.
3) I cannot work with H1 or EAD candidates for this role, unfortunately. I can only work with US Citizens and Green Card Holders.
Onsite in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Skill Set Needed: We are seeking a Project Manager that will be responsible for all that fun stuff PM’s really enjoy doing…documentation, managing projects from start to finish (both app dev specific and infrastructure specific), and effectively communicating those project exceptions to stakeholders. As you might have guessed, defining project scope, goals & deliverables will also be key responsibilities for this role. From a ‘social fit’ standpoint, we are seeking an individual that is dynamic but can also be a chameleon and can modify their approach based on their audience. As you know, the fine ‘art’ of project management really focuses on working with stakeholders up and down the organization chart and working with individuals in ‘their language’, as well as that subtle art of coaching and mentoring various team members to help bring projects to completion.
Here are the prime duties and responsibilities for the role:
- Define project scope, goals & deliverables.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to stakeholders.
- Plan, schedule & track timelines, deliverables & milestones.
- Proactively manage scope changes & scope creep, identify potential challenges in meeting timelines and create hedges to effectively manage those challenges.
- Develop & deliver progress reports, proposals & presentations….this will also include determining the frequency and content of status reports from the project project team.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate that criteria across key stakeholders…this includes collaborating with those key stakeholders throughout the SDLC to make sure everyone is on the same page with regard to what ‘project success’ is.
- Estimate resource constraints and additional resource needs in order to bring projects you are managing to successful completion. This will also include budgeting and estimating the budget needed to bring projects to completion if additional resources are needed.
Here are the requirements for the role:
1) At least 5 years of Project Management experience where you have managed projects, yourself, from start to finish.
2) A nice mix of Infrastructure and Application Development specific projects should be in your background as well.
3) Your project management experience should include:
- Requirements gathering & documentation experience.
- Management of projects from start to finish throughout the SDLC.
- Resource planning & budget creation.
4) PMP certification is a plus. At the very least, we would like to see progress being made toward getting your PMP.
5) Flexibility in terms of communication style (both written and verbal). What I mean by this is that ability to be a chameleon of sorts and modifying your approach based on your audience. This is not a highly drama-filled environment…in fact it is pretty laid back. So, a ‘bull in a china shop’ typically does not work well in this organization. However, we are looking for someone to help this organization progress into the future full of new and fast-changing technologies and tools.
6) Life Insurance experience would be helpful, but isn’t absolutely necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Requirements Gathering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Management of projects from start to finish: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.