United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Whether it’s advanced radio navigation or GPS-based positioning – for manned or unmanned aircraft – Collins Aerospace offers a wide range of flexible, high reliability navigation and guidance solutions that balance size, weight, power and cost to best meet your airborne mission requirements. This position is for a Program Manager, who works independently, leads small/medium programs, analyzes data, recommends resolutions for program problems, manages customers and vendors, maintains progress reports, participates in contract negotiation, and is responsible for Profit & Loss of programs. Candidate will be responsible for Airborne Embedded PNT products/programs.
- Leads medium to large-sized programs to ensure adherence to program plans, schedules and budgets for programs under his/her responsibility.
- Establishes milestones, develops and owns program plans, schedules, and budgets, and monitors allocation of resources.
- Reviews and presents plans and progress reports, monitors the presentation of value-stream strategy, progress, and results.
- Drives strategic planning efforts for medium and/or complex programs.
- Leads continuous improvement including initiatives to optimize efficiency and quality.
- Identifies and reacts to program problems and recommends solutions, such as allocation of resources and changing contractual specifications, and assists in resolution development for escalated problems.
- Develops new business growth strategies.
- Drives/leads responses to customer action items.
- Leads the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes, including coordinating preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, operational budgets, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts to ensure legal compliance and to protect the organization’s interests.
- Directs all program phases from inception through completion.
- Interfaces with customers for project specifications to ensure successful completion.
- Manages the contract lifecycle, cost, schedule and performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Coordinates the negotiation, proposals, business plans, budgets and contracts for programs.
- Establishes cost focused performance targets and directs work to achieve these targets.
Established proficiency to identify and execute upon opportunities to work seamlessly with other functions, portfolios, and geographic locations.
Proven leadership in strategic thought, appropriate analysis, well-prepared contributions, and sound, timely decision-making.
Demonstrated embodiment of a positive, passionate sense of urgency and ownership and ability to instill it in teammates and co-workers.
Disciplined aptitude with baseline scope control, financial management, and earned value.
Familiarity with Collins Aerospace Avionics Strategic Business Unit business and management practices, including the Management Authorization Process (RC-MAP), Integrated Performance Management (RC-IPM), and Technical Consistent Process (RC-TCP) is desired but not required.
Execution experience with development and manufacturing programs.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 3 years of prior relevant experience
Must be US Citizen
Must have ability to obtain an active US DoD Security Clearance
Must be willing to travel (10-25%)
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 3 years of prior relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Program+Management&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=5eddfea8ab257d64&rtk=1ddtou3ipnhhv800&from=rss→