Program Assistant 3rd Shift Full Time – Waypoint Services For Women Children and Families – Cedar Rapids, IA
Waypoint Services For Women Children and Families
Full Job Description
In charge of the operation of MPC overnight shelter and/or daytime resource center Full Time; Wednesday – Friday and every other weekend 11pm – 9am
$500 Sign-On Bonus!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the guests’ confidentiality and security of the shelter without compromise at all times in accordance with the Waypoint Confidentiality Policy
- Field and respond to phone calls by inputting/collecting data on calls for emergency shelter, DV support, providing information and referrals, taking messages, and providing a triage screening to callers for admission to emergency shelter programs
- Counsel guests; assist in establishment and monitoring of goals, improvement of skills, and MPC routine
- Write in each guest’s log at stated intervals, according to Waypoint record keeping procedures; maintain daily log of program participants in the 24-hour program
- Assist with program components as assigned
- Supervise/guide volunteers as needed
- Restock supply areas as needed
- Complete requested paperwork and data entry in a timely manner
Values: Demonstrate Waypoint’s core values every day you are at work: have compassion, instill ownership, empower people, and embrace diversity.
Dependability: Show up to work on time, every time. Keep your commitments. Take responsibility for your own actions. Understand implications of your decisions.
Communication: Demonstrate the ability to treat others with respect and consideration when working with a variety of personalities and leadership styles. Listen and seek clarifications. Communicate internally and externally in a positive tone.
Professionalism: Take pride in how you present yourself. Motivate yourself to bring your best every day. Develop strategies to achieve organization goals.
Adaptability: Be able to multitask in a changing and evolving work environment to best fit the situation. Demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all Waypoint policies and Waypoint letter of employment
- Maintain client and program confidentiality as defined in Waypoint’s Confidentiality Policy
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and professional manner, both in appearance and actions in carrying out job responsibilities
- Follow Waypoint Crisis Communication Plan completely in crisis situations
- Attend and participate in Waypoint departmental, interdepartmental and staff meetings as directed
- Maintain scheduled work hours and notify your immediate supervisor personally of absences
- Support Waypoint events
- Promote Waypoint team concept by being courteous and helpful to other employees and clients
- Accurately maintain necessary forms and records and submit in a timely manner, especially accident/incident report forms
- Be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the total work environment
- Complete time cards and/or employment records accurately and submit on time to supervisor
- This position may require regular evening and weekend work hours; individual must be able to work flexible hours
- Work with supervisor to develop a professional growth plan
- Attend in-service trainings and work to increase skills in field
- Be on the job at least 90% of the time
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Waypoint
- High school diploma with at least one year experience in human service delivery or equivalent work/life/volunteer experience
- Understanding of the dynamics of homelessness, domestic violence, child abuse, sexual abuse/assault, substance abuse, and mental illness
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to working with families of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds and an understanding of poverty and oppression
- If a Waypoint/DHS Non-Law Enforcement Records Check is required, must receive a negative report
- If required to drive a Waypoint vehicle, must have valid drivers license and be insurable to meet the requirements of Waypoint insurance provider; if required to transport clients, must have valid chauffeurs license
- Be able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and lift up to 40 pounds