Job Description Summary
This position will be with AEGON Asset Management, the organization which oversees asset management for many of Transamerica’s insurance and operating companies as well as third party clients. The global AEGON Asset Management organization has operations in Europe, the United States and Asia. Primary offices in the United States are located in Cedar Rapids, IA, Chicago, IL and Baltimore, MD. AEGON Asset Management and Transamerica are both part of the AEGON NV group of companies. The legal entities that comprise AEGON Asset Management US are AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC and AEGON USA Investment Management, LLC. AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC manages commercial real estate, commercial mortgage loans and other real estate related investments. AEGONUSA Investment Management, LLC, is a registered investment adviser that manages fixed income assets, including public bonds, private placements, derivatives and alternative investments.
Position Overview: The Product Owner (PO) develops and communicates their product’s vision to be fulfilled by their agile team(s). The PO is the team’s key stakeholder who serves as proxy for the customer – both internal and external and effectively engages other stakeholders – including other POs – to define and prioritize deliverables for their delivery teams. The PO has a significant role in quality control and is empowered to accept work as done. The PO is dedicated to fulfilling these responsibilities and participates in one or two agile teams. The PO works closely with the team to align around objectives, incentives, and culture and also engages critical stakeholders and customers to inform their product’s vision and backlog as a means to help the organization achieve business agility.
- Provide vision and serve as a champion of customer perspectives to the Agile Team in the form of clearly written user stories, each with clear acceptance criteria set in collaboration with the team. Help the team make business trade-offs between near term and longer term product goals.
- Handle competing priorities and manage stakeholder expectation through realistic negotiation.
- Establish and prioritize the team backlog in collaboration with the team.
- Collaborate proactively in ceremonies with product scrum team and other product owners to maintain the product roadmap, business outcomes, and goals.
- Lead regular backlog refinement workshops to help estimate relative story value and size, and update delivery forecasts to aid prioritization, minimize oversubscription of delivery teams and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure product aligns with company strategy and broader product strategies through regular communication with customers, stakeholders and product management. Coordinate with the Scrum Master to facilitate short feedback loops between delivery teams and stakeholders through frequent deliveries and sharing of lessons learned.
- Engage in scaled agile practices and coordinate with other POs as needed to promote cross-team alignment around product roadmaps and dependencies.
- Participate in PI planning with technical and business stakeholders and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities.
- Participate in system demos at the end of the iteration and provide story/feature acceptance per the pre-agreed acceptance criteria.
- Keep up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and a technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
- Understanding of the product lifecycle.
- Adept working with multiple teams, in-house and remote.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational to manage competing demands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with business analysts, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with JIRA, VersionOne, or a similar agile product management toolset.
- Proficiency using MS Office tools, and working knowledge of software development.
- Experience as a Product Owner
- Product Owner certification (e.g. CSPO, SAFe POPM)
- Track record of continued and recent education in agile, including training, conferences, user groups and self-study.
- Knowledge of approaches in the agile space: XP, Kanban, SAFe, LeSS, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Experience as a collaborative leader.
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and other job related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally – and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package .
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: [email protected] if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (“AODA”). Please contact [email protected] if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email [email protected] .
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.