Product & Merchandise Coordintor – Pet Parents® – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
“Never permit a dichotomy to rule your life, a dichotomy in which you hate what you do so you can have pleasure in your spare time. Look for a situation in which your work will give you as much happiness as your spare time.” – Pablo Picasso
You’re passionate (especially about pets) and quick on your toes – the type of person who likes to jump into different situations and quickly become the problem solver through your awesome communication, planning, organization and decision-making skills. If you’re thinking, “Well that’s creepy, how do they already know that much about me?” – Keep reading. You might be the person we’re looking for.
DO YOU LOVE TO?
Get Sh*t Done.
Set goals – and then squash them.
Work under pressure.
Pay attention to details & stay organized.
Use data to form ideas, then take action to bring those ideas to life.
Interact with fellow pet lovers.
Get your hands in a variety of different projects.
Be a part of a small, fun, & energetic team.
Learn & become an expert on different topics.
Pet Parents® Company Values:
Pets Are Family
We treat our pets just like we treat our humans. We believe pets deserve their own toy box. We spend more money on our pet’s haircuts than our own. Pictures of them take up more space on our phones than selfies. We research and care about what goes into our pets’ bodies. We celebrate their birth and adoption days. We cherish every moment we are blessed with their companionship.
We are dog people. We are cat people. We are pet people. Pets are family.
Man’s Best Friend
Whether it’s our customers or our pack, we value our relationships and always go above and beyond. We are caring and thoughtful about our customer’s experience. We strive to surprise and “WOW” with action.
Our team, known as our pack, relies on each other in order to accomplish our common goals. This means keeping ourselves & each other accountable, being transparent, communicating clearly, and always thinking of others.
My Favorite Toy
Dogs are passionate about their favorite toy, bone, ball, teddy, stuffed porcupine, you name it. We get excited when we talk about the work we do. We love our favorite ball and love playing with it all day. We “nerd out” on the details. We are not waiting for the clock to hit 5pm. We leave it all out in the yard – we don’t half-a**. Our pack is passionate.
Every Sniff Matters
We are not surface level thinkers. We sniff & analyze everything, think deeply about variables and piece together different smells to form strategies, plans, and conclusions.
We are continuously questioning everything. Why do we do it this way? How do our customers feel? How can we do better?
We are the top dogs of our domains, if we’re not today, we will be and will work harder than the next to make it happen. We take ownership of our work and are constantly improving. We go the extra mile to push the boundaries to stay on top.
We do more with less. We’re resourceful. We work with a sense of urgency, but we work smarter, not just harder. We add value to everything we do, to move the needle.
Be A Tail-Wagger
Dogs are always excited, energetic, and happy – their tails always wag. We aspire to be tail-waggers like them. We are positive, no matter the situation. We find & embrace the good in all outcomes. Even if we piddle on the floor, we learn from our mistakes and continue on. We are playful and fun. We are always down for a game of fetch.
We know this is work, but we like to have a doggone good time doing it.
About Pet Parents®:
We were born from a pain point with our own pets. We leaped onto the scene at the beginning of 2016, at least doubling every year since. In 2020, Inc. ranked Pet Parents® as the #1 fastest growing company in Iowa, #378 of the Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies in America, also gaining us #1 fastest growing pet products company in the US.
Our brands and product lines are at the crossing of two macro pet industry trends, the humanization of pets, and a focus on pet healthcare. The stars have aligned for us and we’re clawing our way to seize this moment.
We love, love, love what we do and what our company stands for – and we get excited to show that through our hard work.
We’re a scrappy group of pet-loving bada**es looking for fellow top dogs to join our pack. Will it be you?
Your Role in Our Pack:
This is a full-time position in our Ankeny office.
As a Product & Merchandise Coordinator, you’ll be the connection point to our supply chain and product development Pack to help spearhead numerous tasks and projects, including sourcing new partners, onboarding new partners, owning our product addition form for new products, as well as leading merchandise planning, retail buying, & sourcing. You’ll play an integral part in supporting the creation & flow of products that will reach happy customers and cuddly furbabies all over the United States & abroad.
You’ll slay bottlenecks, manage bar code creation for products and case packaging, assist with product testing, and more. You’ll anticipate potential problems & squash them. You’ll dig under the fence to dig up ideal partners to work with to help us create category-leading products as well as discover ideal brand partners to work with, you’ll analyze data and then present your own ideas/feedback for management and other pack members to review, collaborate on, and then assist in implementing said ideas/feedback. You will get to touch various aspects of our company: sourcing, product development, logistics, merchandising, retail, research, data collection, etc.
This role requires an uber-precise focus on understanding the ins-and-outs of Microsoft Excel, sourcing, merchandising, consumer behavior, negotiation, creativity, organization, planning, creative thinking, process improvement, critical thinking, mathematics, relationship management, formulas, inventory management, time & project management, written & verbal communication, troubleshooting, & analytical, technical, & superb problem-solving skills.
– You will wear many “hats.”
– You will have the opportunity to become an expert in the pet industry.
– You will use data to test & drive change for positive outcomes.
– You’ll be an investigator in searching the entire earth for the best partners to work with to bring more slobbery kisses and tail wags to the world
– You will support the execution & optimization of our product development processes.
– With data, uncover opportunities in consumer behavior and the pet industry for new product and category opportunities
– You’ll be the top dog when it comes to communication between our supply chain and product development packs
– You will obsess & constantly analyze and review our product catalog and report and collaborate with others in the product pack
– You will be a critical thinker and innovator.
– You will with finesse manage the relationships between Pet Parents® and our partners
– You will work in a fast-paced environment with constant hands-on projects.
– You will also be an organizer, researcher, problem-solver & planner.
You will have the opportunity to learn and grow far beyond this initial role. In fact, it’s our intention and goal to ensure that.
If this sounds appetizing to you and you’re thinking, “Hell yeah! Sign me up!” Let’s move forward to our “Must Haves.”
Must have at least 1 of the following:
– Minimum 2 years of experience in a sourcing role
– Minimum 2 years of experience in a buyer role
– Minimum 2 years of experience in a merchandising role
– Minimum 2 years of experience in a procurement role
– Minimum 2 years of experience in a purchasing role
– Minimum 2 years of experience in a vendor relations role
*Bachelor’s degree required
You must also…
· Love dogs and/or cats
· Have a go-getter mentality
· Have the ability to focus and get sh*t done
· Always be willing to learn
· Always be willing to come up with creative ideas
· Have a problem-solver mindset and willingness to tackle any problem thrown your way
· Be able to wear multiple hats (physically and metaphorically)
The “Treats” We Offer
(Some of the pawesome opportunities available at Pet Parents®)
· Benefits including health, vision, & dental insurance
· 401k with company match & profit share
· Home Owner Bonus
· Unlimited PTO
· $50/mo gym/yoga/health club reimbursement
· Parental Leave
· Flexible working hours
· Kick-a** co-workers and great memories
· Employee Discount
· Company Events
· Snack and beverage bar
· New Furbaby Allowance
· Unlimited growth potential for leaders of the pack
· Leadership Development
· Brand New Offices (end of 2021)
· Beach Getaway
If our core values vibe with you, your potential role excites you and you’re down to join us in becoming the top dogs in the pet industry, let’s do this thing!
Please apply at the following link, only applications applied to our Workable careers page at this link will be considered: https://apply.workable.com/pet-parents/j/46F617C882/
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Product+Merchandise+Coordintor&c=Pet+Parents%C2%AE&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=2501275e3c656429&rtk=1eubs9mefo23m801&from=rss→