- Considers financial impacts and risks to participant and business in all aspects of day to day work.
- Responsible for acting with integrity and maintaining complete confidentiality with sensitive participant information.
- Responsible for creating and running complex queries using multiple system tables and complex query criteria(unions, exists, etc.) for both resear as well as other system users using Linux and DB2 SQL
- Acts as a liaison between the user group and the systems team to correct system issues and/or report issues by creation of production problem tickets.
- Performs production table updates, inserts, and deletions using DB2 SQL, maintaining integrity and accuracy of data.
- Intuitively researches issues reported by the business units regarding application and process problems to identify the “root” cause, seeing the entire impact of the issue through to completion.
- Successfully interprets and communicates complex information to others including end users, upper management, and development/systems staff.
- Assists with creating formal documentation and conducts peer training.
- Assists in analyzing, researching, and responding to data reporting errors.
- Continuously develops expertise in the data within systems database tables as new processes and tables are created.
- Provides accurate data to various business units for mass mailings.
- Understands and communicates business unit requests and participates in cross-functional project teams for new systems development. Assists with documenting of system and business requirements.
- Assists with testing system changes for usability, performance and adherence to standards. Documents and reports results to development team.
- Works with peers to ensure all work items are completed within set timing standards
- Rotating on call for Nightly Batch systems support, after prerequisite training period.
Systems related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience. Up to two years’ pension, accounting or technical experience.
Strong PC skills. Knowledge of Mainframe (PARIS), Linux and DB2 SQL, Excel, Word, SharePoint, and Access preferred. Knowledge of Transamerica Retirement Solutions departmental processes preferred. Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail. Working knowledge of system methodology, project management, quality assurance and testing methodologies. Excellent problem solving skills. Good verbal and written communication. Proven problem solving ability and a willingness to think “outside-the-box”.
Normal office environment. Standard business hours but must be willing to work some evenings, weekends, and provide on call coverage on a rotational basis. Minimal travel may be required.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.