Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 15442
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently searching for a Principal Technical Project Manager – Communication Systems to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Airborne and Ground Communication Products Systems Engineering is looking to hire a Principal Technical Project Manager (TPM), as part of a multi-functional organization comprised of system engineers, software engineers, hardware engineers, and engineering support groups. The organizational objective is to successfully design, develop, integrate, qualify, and manufacture military communications products. This is an engineering leadership position with focus on the full lifecycle of communication systems, including concept, development, production, and end of life. Candidates must have an engineering education, with experience serving as a project engineer on design and development programs that have transitioned to manufacturing, preferably for military communication systems. In addition, candidates must have a history of proven leadership, coaching and developing people to achieve objectives beyond the norm.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Program execution management – provide realization of successful communication systems during the full system lifecycle. This includes management and oversight for evolving solutions from stakeholder needs, while exploring opportunities, documenting requirements, designing, developing, verifying, validating, and evolving solutions.
- Project Engineering and Cost Account Management – develop and enact cost & schedule execution plans that are in compliance with stakeholder needs and internal Collins Aerospace processes and procedures; understand risks and variances; assist in the development of mitigation plans; become 100% involved in the day-to-day program execution
Additional responsibilties may include:
- Considered the customer’s and LCVSM’s technical point of contact for a high complexity program development. May serve as a TPM consultant to other programs in the division.
- Must have strong working knowledge in multiple domains, and strong understanding of relationship between all functional disciplines working within those domains.
- Works with the program manager to develop the program execution plan for a high complexity project. Has primary execution responsibilities to ensure project remains within budget, on schedule, and meets requirements.
- Must have demonstrated successful execution of integrated project management, technical consistent process, earned value, and risk management on multiple projects programs.
- Implications of actions and decisions have major impact on the business financials.
- Mentors PE’s and less mature TPM’s.
- Generates project management bids for high complexity development projects. Often creates the WBS and coordinates bid inputs for the entire engineering bid team.
- May lead high complexity proposal efforts, coordinating inputs from various project engineers.
- Tracks, reports, and analyzes earned value metrics as required to understand program performance. Is able to analyze data and determine appropriate actions to correct real problems before they impact overall project performance. Report overall program performance to plan, understanding both technical and programmatic impacts.
- Understands relationship of his/her projects to other development projects, defining strategic plan to leverage the investments across the division. Often represents Rockwell Collins to the customer, in the absence of the LCVSM.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
- The ability to build trust and confidence with customers, engineers, technicians, program management, and product line management to achieve program and business objectives
- Leadership by example, building trust and inspiring people through a shared vision where people feel valued, empowered, and fulfilled
- Possess expertise in systems engineering, systems implementation, and project management, including lifecycle management; system definition; engineering design processes; architecture definition; system modelling; system implementation; configuration management; change control; system integration; verification and validation; manufacturing transition; risk management; and continuous process improvement
- Experience with project cost/schedule/performance management, using Earned Value (EV), Microsoft Project, and SAP
- Experience with proposal effort coordination, including parametric estimating, bidding, narrative writing, risk identification, and technical leadership
- Successful leadership of complex systems development from requirements through verification
- Ability to independently lead and support technical meetings with customers, teammates, project management, production liaisons, and leadership
- Ability to travel up to 20% travel is required
- Prefer (but not required) experience with Open Systems Architectures (OSA), the Software Communications Architecture (SCA), and Software Defined Radio (SDR)
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.