Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 15823
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are currently searching for a Principal Program Manager – Military Avionics and Helos to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package may be available for qualified candidates. At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace training, networking and mentoring.
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Life Cycle Responsibility for programs. This includes business pursuit and capture, system development, transition to production, customer delivery and support, and support beyond production. Must coordinate activities across the RCI shared business model; Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, and Service functions. Program complexity is the primary criteria for leveling, and dollar value of programs is secondary.
- Works with little supervision. Responsible for managing budget, schedule, scope and risk for a program which is of moderate to high risk and complexity. Typically responsible for programs between $50-$100M (total program) including key strategic program with long term revenue potential.
- Responsible for program/business area P&L.
- Ensures that all required resources such as engineering, engineering support, production, services, facilities and the like are available for the program.
- Provides program status reviews to executive level management, on occasion.
- Builds strong and extensive working relationships internally and externally. External customer contacts are typically mid-level program management, engineering, maintenance and procurement agents.
Technical Acumen and Decision Making
- Has strong understanding of systems engineering concepts, manufacturing processes, decision point processes and engineering processes.
- Leads development of solutions to complex problems which require the use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives. Effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company resources.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Market Knowledge and Business Growth
- Strong understanding of the aerospace industry, USAF customer, and aerial refueling end-user operational needs.
- Prepares pursuit and order capture strategies including most important requirements, competitive face-off, customer contact plans and related action planning. May lead pursuit team.
- Has primary responsibility for program growth, may be responsible for marketing new technology or follow-on business.
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
US Citizenship required
Must be able to obtain an active US DoD Security Clearance
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.