Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 16405
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Life Cycle Responsibility for products. This includes business pursuit and capture, product development, transition to production, customer delivery and support, and transition out of production. Must coordinate activities across the RCI shared business model; Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, and Service functions. Program complexity is the primary criteria for leveling, and dollar value of programs is secondary.
- Has strong understanding of systems engineering concepts, software development including Agile development, manufacturing processes, decision point processes, certification and engineering processes.
- Works with little supervision. Provides program status reviews to executive level on occasion.
- Builds strong and extensive working relationships internally and externally. External customer contacts are typically mid-level program management, engineering, maintenance and procurement agents.
- May prepare pursuit and order capture strategies including most important requirements, competitive face-off, customer contact plans and related action planning. May lead pursuit team.
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require the use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives. Effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company resources. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Strong understanding of the industry and customer.
- Responsible for existing products, services and business. This includes managing obsolete parts, production and delivery, and customer support. Responsible for product and services roadmap for future product features/enhancements. May be assigned key strategic programs preparing and/or implementing new strategic initiatives.
- Plans, directs and monitors program budget and serves as primary customer contact for program information. Has R&D responsibility for upgrades to existing and major new products. Has responsibility for profit/loss of the program.
- Responsible for program/business area growth. Annual internal and/or external R&D generally between $20 and $30 Million. Responsible for program/business area P&L. Strategic R&D investments may approximate these levels over 1-5 years, as appropriate.
- Ensures that all required resources such as engineering, engineering support, production, services, facilities and the like are available for the program.
- Responsible for meeting program budget and schedule.
- May have supervisory responsibilities including hiring, firing, salary and performance management.
- Has primary responsibility for program growth, may be responsible for marketing new technology or follow-on business.
- Responsible for risk management of existing products and large complex development programs.
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.