Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 15603
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are currently searching for a Principal Operations Program Manager – Manufacturing Operations to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Provides leadership, coordination and direction for Operations functions on assigned programs. Must coordinate activities across the RCI shared business model; Engineering, LCVSL, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Service functions.
- Engages in program or product line development activities from Decision Point A through Decision Point E.
- Has an in-depth understanding of the development and product transition processes.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with level 4 Program(s) or Product Line Managers and has cognizance over one or more product lines within a specific manufacturing site.
- Works with multiple OPTMs to develop products for assigned programs.
- Ensures that all resources are in place to support the product transition.
- Has understanding of RC-MAP/IPM, as well as Operations, Engineering, and LCVSL processes.
- Develops the overall Operations plan and schedule for assigned programs/product lines and includes all stakeholders in the product launch process.
- Leads the Program team(s) through the entire transition process for assigned programs/product line(s).
- Works with the development team to address any issues that will affect the overall success of the transition.
- Understands the industry and customer.
- Complete understanding and application of Lean/APQP concepts and ability to apply Lean/APQP skills in achieving programs goals and objectives.
- Serves as a major liaison to the end customer for all Operations related issues and program requirements.
- Participates in tailoring IPM and TCP requirements to support optimal program completion. May be required to approve tailoring decisions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day to day work, general instructions on new assignments. Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Supports program status reviews to executive level on occasion.
- Prepares Operations bids and proposals as well as Estimate at Completion (EAC) and Earned Value (EV) reviews.
- Reports Cost Performance Index (CPI) and Schedule Performance Index (SPI) for overall Ops performance on assigned programs. Defines corrective actions when necessary to get programs back on cost and schedule.
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.