Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 15830
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The Avionics International Trade Compliance (ITC) team is seeking a Pr. Manager, Export Strategy/Authorizations to lead the Export Relationship Managers, Authorization Specialists, and ITC professionals within the US and international locations.
The Pr. Manager, position will be located in Cedar Rapids, IA and be responsible to assist in the development and implementation of the trade compliance program across the heritage Rockwell Collins and IMS segments of the Avionics business. This position will lead a team of 14 direct reports, 7 of which are at international locations. The leader will serve as a liaison to others within the enterprise as well interfacing with US and international Governmental agencies responsible for exporting and importing goods, technical data and services.
This position’s leadership responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the trade compliance program for US and international locations within the Avionics business.
- Lead a team of Export Relationship Managers, Authorization Specialists, Regulatory Compliance Managers, Regulatory Compliance Specialists, and international managers for Traffic/Transportation as a working manager that may include administrative and other non-exempt staff.
- Oversees or directly manages the development, modification and review of regulatory compliance systems, processes, reporting methods, and controls to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations. Ensures alignment with overall goals of executive/senior management. Align group strategy, with a focus on Enterprise goals, rather than focusing within the group.
- Holds accountability for regulatory compliance within the heritage Rockwell Collins and IMS business segments. Responsible for development, adherence to, and communication of regulatory compliance policies and procedures throughout the relevant areas of the Enterprise.
- Participates in due diligence and integration activities for mergers and acquisitions as the regulatory compliance representative. Integrates newly acquired units into shared services model by managing transition activities.
- Provides advice/leadership and serves as a liaison to others within the enterprise regarding trade compliance regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison to external regulatory compliance representatives to provide required information and ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Involved in and be an expert on one or more specialized area of compliance including the EAR and ITAR. Interprets federal and state and/or international regulations as they apply to products, processes, practices and procedures.
- Investigates and resolves compliance problems, questions, or complaints received from other areas of the company, customers, and government regulatory agencies.
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.