Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 15709
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently searching for a Principal Manager, Configuration Analysis to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000), but there may be potential for a candidate to work from one of our other locatins. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Become part of an exciting directorate within the Mission Systems Engineering & Technology organization. The Central Engineering Services directorate is seeking exceptional technical talent & proven leadership to deliver service-oriented capabilities, foster a collaborative, learning culture, & fuel predictable program performance.
The Engineering Support Services team, within Central Engineering Services, has an opening for a Principal Manager, Configuration Analysis. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader with excellent communication skills that will lead the Mission Systems Configuration Management Services department. The department includes Configuration Management, Data Management, Software Control Library and Software Operations teams that are regionally distributed. Candidate will hold or share accountability for configuration management of engineering data and information across the Mission Systems Engineering & Technology (MS E&T) organization. Participates in the coordination and administration of assigned configuration management activities relative to identification, control, accounting and auditing for systems and equipment in accordance with internal guidelines and contractual requirements. Holds responsibility for data integrity, data governance, security access and internal controls. Establishes procedures for and implements the introduction of changes to the engineering business system data for all MS E&T programs. Proven ability to build relationships across the organization and drive efficient and effective Configuration Management policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership, guidance and training to a global team of managers through direct and indirect management. Develops and aligns the staffing plan to meet the MS E&T SBU’s changing priority needs. Identifies and develops leadership within the team. Selects, develops and manages the performance of the team members.
- Leads strategic planning, development of annual operating plan, budgets, resource planning and forecasting for the business unit. Analyzes competition and forecasts with a long-term perspective for process improvement. Accountable for tactical goal setting and plans to meet goals. Performs periodic reviews to ensures deadlines and milestones are met.
- Aligns business processes, at all sites, with all applicable Enterprise and SBU policies and processes. Provides planning and coordination to all functional levels to ensure success.
- Oversees coordination and administration of activities related to identification, control, accounting and auditing for systems and equipment, in accordance with internal guidelines and contractual requirements.
- Holds primary responsibility for data integrity, data governance, security access and internal controls. Ensures segregation of duty and information as required by relevant regulations. Performs and oversees internal audits to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley and similar laws.
- Establishes procedures for and implements the introduction of changes to engineering business system data for all MS E&T programs. Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data, to ensure implementation of customer requirements. Coordinates changes with affected business units and functional teams. Reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies.
- Interacts as needed with internal and external customers, including government quality analysts, commercial contract representatives, and government authorities.
- Acts as primary liaison to program management and as resource to other business units and functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
- US Citizenship or permanent resident (green card) required.
- Strong knowledge of Configuration management roles and responsibilities preferred.
- Strong leadership experience working in a matrixed team within a cross-functional organization.
- Excellent communication skills required
- Ability to travel 20-30%
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.