United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
Establish and maintain all aspects of configuration management activities relative to identification, control,
accounting, and auditing for systems and/or equipment in accordance with internal guidelines and
- Monitors contractor, subcontractor, or vendors to ensure that the applications of standards and requirement for the statement of work is properly implemented.
- Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovativeness. Challenges are frequently unique and solutions may serve as precedent for future decisions. Decisions affect the financial, employee or public relations posture of the organization. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in failure to achieve goals critical to the major objectives of the organization. Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups. Serve as prime consultant and external spokesperson for the organization on highly significant matters relating to policies, programs, capabilities and long-range goals and objectives.
- Acts independently to determine consultative direction toward long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Virtually self-supervisory.
- Responsible for generating program engineering change data and collecting metrics.
- Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards. Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories. Viewed as expert in field within organization. Having broad experience or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of comprehensive objectives and principles to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- May provide work leadership for lower level employees.
- Participates in design reviews, audits and scheduling. Reviews and makes recommendations on contractor engineering data.
- Identifies requirements and coordinates the development and implementation of computer based configuration, data management and electronic data support.
- Responsible for generating program specific configuration management plans that tailor existing procedures for implementation of contractual requirements.
- Manages the engineering document change process by facilitating approval documentation and participation in or chairing Change Control Board.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.