Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 15479
Hiring Manager: Jason J Hilton
We are currently searching for a Pr Integrated Program Specialist to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000) .
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Responsible for development, integration, analysis, documentation and presentation of process plans and schedules for the duration of a contract. Generate strawman IMP/IMS models independently from Proposals, Statement of Work and Supplier Data Requirements (SDRI). Mentor other Integrated Program Specialists on best practices.
- Responsible for supporting scheduling activities of programs which are moderate to high risk and complexity
- Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure the contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met (working closely with cost analyst)- Arranges modifications as required.
- Strong understanding of earned value management practices, procedures, and Government guidelines which includes scheduling fundamentals and system tool usage, such as SAP, Cobra and Microsoft products.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of a variety of factors. Exercises good judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Has ability to develop management information from the IMS to include corrective action, critical path analysis, performance tracking and reporting.
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Considered an expert in the field within the organization. Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Prepares, develops and coordinates the integrated master plan and integrated master schedule to meet program objectives. Ensures major projects are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including Finance, Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality, etc.
- Tracks plans and schedules, solicits regular updates, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts. Utilizes schedule risk assessments, milestone charts, earned value management, and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Generation of strawman IMP/IMS models working independently from Proposal (RFP_ documents, such as the statement of work (SOW), and Supplier Data Requirements List (SDRLs). Verify all WBS items are accounted for in the IMS. Confirm all deliverables in statement of work are planned adequately. Ensure key decisions and roles & responsibilities are documented. All Statement of Work (SOW) discrete scope is modeled in the IMS. Assist program teams in developing WBS in accordance with MIL-STD-881.
- Work in parallel with the cost analyst of the program to ensure the cost and schedule are reconciled. Take steps to correct any mismatched items and address root cause.
- Takes lead in developing training material for program specialists and testing of new tools. Takes lead in training of new and junior schedulers.
- Application of company policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure plans and schedules are in compliance. Abides by company policies & procedures, with special attention to ethics and standards of Business conduct
- Scheduler should have knowledge of schedule risk assessment process (SRA) and be able to complete an SRA and explain its results to the program team and/or customers.
- Experience with integrated schedules and logic networks using Microsoft Project software. Background with Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, Powerpoint. Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Understands and complies with requirements in DI-MGMT-81861A, DCMA Schedule Assessment Guide and Planning and Scheduling Excellence Guide
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.