Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 16319
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are seeking a Principal Financial Analyst to join the Government Fiscal Relations (GFR) team in Cedar Rapids, IA. GFR serves the corporation by performing government cost accounting and compliance activities that facilitate business with the U.S. Government. This includes regular interface with a broad finance network across the company as well as direct interaction with government oversight agency representatives. The team works in a dynamic environment and partners with the business units to support company strategies, maximize cost recovery, and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to compliance.
The successful candidate possesses excellent financial analysis skills, cost accounting experience and knowledge, and an ability to effectively summarize analyses. Along with the technical expertise, the candidate is a self-starter who displays strong personal leadership, critical thinking, business acumen, and the ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) at various levels.
- Interface with the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) on topics related to forward pricing rates, billing rates, incurred cost, and related audits
- Synthesize information to support internal business and government reporting and inquiries
- Ensure appropriate cost recovery while maintaining compliance with company policies, the Cost Accounting Standards, and Federal Acquisition Regulation
- Maintain government accounting framework, including translating from performance accounting to government cost accounting
- Manage and drive team processes related to forward pricing and billing rates, incurred cost and audits.
- Monitor changes in the business environment to proactively apply to team processes as appropriate and needed
- Support government accounting aspects of acquisitions, divestitures, internal reorganizations, and company initiatives
- Mentor less-experienced analysts
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or appropriate discipline with at least six years of related experience is required.
- Project Management – demonstrated leadership of complex cross-functional projects and/or technical processes. Successful experience balancing multiple priorities and producing quality work within deadlines is required.
- Audit Experience – supported or conducted audits by DCMA/DCAA; and prepared responses to audit findings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required, while proficiency with Microsoft Access and SAP is preferred.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.