Alliant Energy is currently recruiting for a Power Plant & Substation Electrician, Technical Journeyman in Cedar Rapids, IA at our Prairie Creek Plant.
- A commitment to safety and career development
- Excellent pay and benefits
- The opportunity to grow and utilize your technical skills within the communities we serve
In this role your primary responsibilities will be installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of electronic, computerized and electrical equipment. Further information about the duties/responsibilities of this position can be found below
- This position is posted at a journeyman level, candidates must currently be journeyman or must have equivalent experience to be considered
How to Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online and upload your resume at www.alliantenergy.com/careers
Supervision Received: Shall be under the general supervision of the Power Plant & Substation Electrician Foreman.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain communication, data processing, and computerized control equipment.
- Keep operating records as required by the Company.
- Maintain solid state devices, computers, telemetering equipment, protective relays, and switchboard instruments.
- Be able to work front construction prints, wiring diagrams, and instruction books as well as make sketches of wiring circuits and maintain prints up to date.
- Be familiar with and understand operating principles of power plant, computerized controls, substation equipment, and other equipment assigned.
- Be able to use the following additional test instruments: oscilloscope, wattmeter, phase angle meter, signal generator, electronic coupler, phase shifter, and other instruments and last equipment required to test certain equipment.
- Keep abreast of new equipment installed and test equipment required to maintain it.
- Assist in training journeyman and apprentices.
This position is posted as a Journeyman only. Apprentice level candidates will not be considered.
- Note: All Candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.