Permanency Specialist – Social Worker – Four Oaks – Cedar Rapids, IA
The PERMANENCY SPECIALIST is responsible for providing the supportive services enabling children to safely remain with their family, be reunified with their family, and/or achieve alternative permanency. These activities include provision of family support, care coordination, family functioning interventions, supervision and safety monitoring, timely documentation as required, and oversee the responsible work performance expectations established by the organization.
- Maintains regular contact with referring worker, family, and identified collaterals to achieve permanency goals.
- Follows the standards set forth by the Agency.
- Coordinates interdisciplinary treatment, maintaining weekly contact with the Therapist and Program Coordinator on all assigned cases.
- Documents service delivery, including objectives of treatment and/or intervention strategies.
- Understands and utilizes defined assessment tools in working with all cases.
- Facilitates community resource planning, case progress evaluation & permanency planning.
- Coordinates interdisciplinary crisis planning.
- Participates in discharge planning & documentation.
- Schedules and facilitates quarterly staffing on all assigned cases.
- Assesses treatment needs.
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of a service plan with input from client, family, therapist, program coordinator, and referral source.
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of various counseling techniques.
- Develops and implements a service agenda for each session.
- Completes on-call duties as assigned.
- Calmly and effectively provides crisis intervention in emergency situations.
- Maintains caseload and consistently achieves quota.
To qualify you must meet ONE of the following conditions:
- Posses a Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services related field, and a minimum of 1 year of full-time experience in Child Welfare or a related field of work.
- Possess an Associate’s Degree in a Human Services related field, and a minimum of 4 years of full-time experience in a related field of work.
About Family Safety, Risk & Permanency Services (FSRP)
Four Oaks Safety and Permanency Services are available to families involved with child abuse assessments and/or an open DHS case. Families that are involved in child abuse assessments may receive supportive Safety services so that children can remain in their parents’ home through the course of the assessment. Permanency services help families with an open DHS case access community supports that will reduce the risk of a child needing a foster care, shelter care, or group care placement. Families with children already in placement may utilize Permanency services to resolve issues so children can return home.
About Four Oaks
At Four Oaks, we believe that every child needs the opportunity to succeed. It’s more than our mission – it’s the passion that permeates everything we do. Four Oaks has grown to become one of the state’s largest agencies devoted to child welfare, juvenile justice and behavioral health. We recognize that children come to us from a variety of circumstances, which makes it important for us to reach kids and families where they are right now. For that reason, we provide prevention, intervention and treatment programs and services.
Four Oaks offers a comprehensive benefit package, excellent wages, and opportunities for growth & advancement!
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Permanency+Specialist&c=Four+Oaks&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=f0dfc720f31ab14c&rtk=1e2jh1ev6olbs800&from=rss→