Cedar Rapids Community School District
The Cedar Rapids Community School District is committed to delivering on its vision of Every Learner: Future Ready. It is the mission of CRCSD to ensure all learners experience a rigorous and personalized learning experience, so they have a plan, a pathway and a passion for their future. Founded in 1855, CRCSD is the second largest district in the state and is heralded for its nationally-recognized academic programs, experienced and qualified faculty and staff, and rich diversity in enrichment and extracurricular activities.
The Cedar Rapids Community School District is looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our team at the Education Learning and Support Center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. We are seeking a masterful troubleshooter, savvy problem solver, and detail orientated individual.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate work flow and processes for Payroll and Benefits Department staff to pay employees timely and accurately
- Manage, update and organize payroll/timekeeping systems to process payroll information
- Set up new employee payroll records
- Keep accurate records during employee changes and rollover
- Reconcile batch balances for hours/leaves for payroll check processing
- Analyzes daily edits
- Maintain payroll records and files
- Comply with all local, state, federal laws and regulatory requirements regarding payroll processes, taxes, payments, and filings
- Directs the production and issuance of paychecks/direct deposits
- Uploads monthly IPERS wage report while reconciling and schedules corresponding monthly payment
- Process administrative, certified and classified payrolls on a weekly basis
- Document and update procedures
- Maintains payroll related accounts, responsible for the reconciliation and accuracy of multiple accounts
- Process levies and garnishments
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Keep detailed records for taxes and audits
- Work with accounting and HR on payroll functions
- Maintains confidentiality for all payroll operations
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and
- Serves as backup for Payroll/Benefits Supervisor
- Twelve (12) months per year.
- Table B/ Non-Admin Meet & Confer Group
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle and/or feel objects, tools or controls; talk and hear. The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and forward 0 to 24 inches and on occasion up to 36 inches. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp items. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds 0 to 12 feet and occasionally up to 20 feet, such as curriculum materials, desks, chairs, and boxes. The employee will sometimes push/pull items such as tables and carts. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus while working with computers, written materials, reports, assessment data, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet. The position requires the commitment of professional working hours that may require the employee to extend beyond a typical 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. workday. The employee will frequently work in different areas of the building including in/at desks, on or near the floor, standing.
** The information contained in this job description is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
** The Cedar Rapids Community School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Payroll+Specialist&c=Cedar+Rapids+Community+School+District&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=e9593491c1bdd262&rtk=1dio913sobe3e800&from=rss→